Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss thoughts on Counter Svc in MK? in the Vacation Planning forums; We had planned to do Pecos Bills for a meal on one of our days in MK on our upcoming trip but just learned its closed for refurb. We rarely ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

thoughts on Counter Svc in MK?

We had planned to do Pecos Bills for a meal on one of our days in MK on our upcoming trip but just learned its closed for refurb. We rarely eat at CS locations because we prefer TS but we're on the dining plan this time and I'm trying to figure out where we should eat.

We don't like the Tomorrowland CS options at all and we are planning to go to Columbia House on the second MK day.

Any thoughts/suggestions? We're going in 2 weeks. We have a 4 and 2 year old who are less picky than I am so they will eat pretty much anywhere.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You can go to The Pinocchio Village Haus right by It's a Small World.

It's a shame PB is closed for refurb. That's our favorite CS!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    We had planned to do Pecos Bills for a meal on one of our days in MK on our upcoming trip but just learned its closed for refurb. We rarely eat at CS locations because we prefer TS but we're on the dining plan this time and I'm trying to figure out where we should eat.

We don't like the Tomorrowland CS options at all and we are planning to go to Columbia House on the second MK day.

Any thoughts/suggestions? We're going in 2 weeks. We have a 4 and 2 year old who are less picky than I am so they will eat pretty much anywhere.
    Well, I haven't eaten CS at MK in a while, but I'll tell you what I can.

As far as I know, the only place in the MK with the same food at Pecos Bill's is Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland.

You're already doing Columbia Harbor House, which I would have recommended. As for another option, the only one that comes to mind (that I've tried) is the Pinocchio themed restaurant (not sure but it might be called the Village Haus or something similar). I like the atmosphere in this restaurant (it's casual and tends to be much quieter than either Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's). However I personally don't care for the food. What I remember of the menu (this is going back at least 2-3 years) is that they offered miniature individual pizzas which compared unfavorably with the cheapest frozen pizza you could get at your local supermarket's freezer section.

There may be others here with better suggestions -- it seems to me that there have to be more than just these few CS restaurants at MK, but I'm drawing a blank. If I were you I'd probably bite the bullet and go for Cosmic Ray's.

Tony

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    When I first read your thread, I said to myself, "that's easy! If you can't eat at Pecos Bills, then you can eat at....hmmm..." This made me realize that there aren't many CS options at MK with Pecos Bills being closed! I agree with everyone that has posted thus far and stick to Cosmic Rays if you're interested in burgers.
    ~Ashleigh

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    well, with a 2 and 4 year old I would think Cosmic Rays would be the ideal choice
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Does a hot dog from Casey's count? Always a hit with kids...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove View Post
    Does a hot dog from Casey's count? Always a hit with kids...
    My wife will not tolerate a trip to WDW without a meal @ Casey's Corner. I agree totally.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I've always been a fan of the Tomorrowland CS stops so that makes it harder to give advice.

What about El Pirata Y El Perico? I've heard great things about that place but it's always closed when I've gone.

Oh and as a side note, seems we're going to be there roughly the same time. We'll be at MK on the 25th.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Our favorite CS at MK are Cosmic Rays (1/2 chicken and ribs combo is the best Disney Dining Plan value!!!!), Pecos Bills (which obviously isn't a choice) and Casey's Corner!!! No trip to WDW is complete without a dog from Casey's!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Pecos Bill's is super fun, but my hands down favourite is Cosmic Rays. Where else are you going to get "live" entertainment like that at a counter service restaurant? The selection is huge, and they have the same fixins bar as Bill's. They have pickles, fried onions, fried mushrooms...and now my mouth is watering! Don't pass this place up, its my only must-do CS at MK.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney