Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Getting to 'Ohana in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so I need some advice. We're staying at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge on this upcoming trip. We're planning on taking the boat across the lake to the ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Getting to 'Ohana

Ok so I need some advice. We're staying at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge on this upcoming trip. We're planning on taking the boat across the lake to the MK for our breakfast at the Crystal Palace the first day but I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to a 7:55am ADR at 'Ohana the next day.

We have our own car with us but I would really prefer not to drive to the Poly because the idea was after breakfast we'd hop the monorail to the TT&C and then hop over to Epcot.

I was thinking we could take the boat to the MK and hop the resort monorail there to get to the Poly but I'm not sure if the boat runs that early (figure we'd need to be on the monorail by 7:45am).

I'm wondering if driving to the TT&C and hopping the resort monorail from there would be best.

Anyone have any suggestions on what would be fastest?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The fastest would be to drive your car to the Poly and park in their lot but since you then want to go to Epcot, it may not be the best idea. I dont' know how often they patrol their lots.

Depending on when the boats start, you could take a boat to the Contemporary then ride the monorail to Poly. When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, we would go to Contemporary to TTC to Epcot as a more relaxing way to get there. So much more fun than a bus.

It really all depends on when the boats start. You can also check to see if there is a Bus to TTC. It's a short walk or just a quick monorail hop to Poly.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Cab.

I hate to step back into the "real world" while we're @ WDW, but the taxis are probably the fastest way to travel resort to resort. Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary is only about 5 minutes via taxi cab, and I would say the Poly would be no more than 10 min. in light traffic. You could possibly arrange a pick-up time in advance @ the front desk of the WLV and you wouldn't have to back track at the end of the day to pick up your car or mess with parking.

Took a cab from WL to CR last year when we changed resorts.......If I remember correctly the fare was about $6.00(?).

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I would park at the TTC and walk to the Poly, I am pretty sure that is what we did one day. Then just take the monorail back to the TTC.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Your idea is best I think. Park in the MK lot, and then hop onto to monorail to the Poly from there. You won't pay for parking there, and after you've come back from Epcot you can just jump back in the car and head back to your resort. Its the least painful, with the fewest transitions. Have fun! I love Ohana!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    Cab.
    Yes I could take a cab to get around all the fun with our own car... you're right... but I just don't see any need in dealing with getting a cab to come get us, find us, and then pay for a ride that we have a ton of free options for.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 01-09-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

I think I agree with Tink. You need to realize that as you drive to TTC, you will have to pass the Poly parking and go around like you are exiting BUT before you exit, there is an opportunity to go back to the parking. I almost freaked when that happened to me.

Well I think based on what everyone has said, the easiest thing to do is going to be to start at the TTC and go from there. Either hop the resort monorail over to the Poly or walk over. My goal here is to avoid driving to the Poly if no one has realized that yet. LOL!

I know- I know- I know! Drive to Epcot, get a monorail back, get on other monorail to Poly. Major flaw to this- you will miss your ADR. Okay- just being silly. Back to realiity.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I know- I know- I know! Drive to Epcot, get a monorail back, get on other monorail to Poly. Major flaw to this- you will miss your ADR. Okay- just being silly. Back to realiity.
    LOL! Trust me if I could have my way I'd have the monorail just come get me as it does it's rounds around the lake. OR have the boat from the lodge take us to the Poly (it's on the same darn lake).

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Well I think based on what everyone has said, the easiest thing to do is going to be to start at the TTC and go from there. Either hop the resort monorail over to the Poly or walk over. My goal here is to avoid driving to the Poly if no one has realized that yet. LOL!
    NOT driving will take you much longer, it is worth it I think.

Well I don't mind driving to the TTC. Just didn't want to drive to the Poly, then instead of hopping the monorail after breakfast, have to get back in the car and drive to Epcot. One car trip is good enough for me. LOL!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Just throwing it out there...does anyone know if the boats run that early? Because if they do...problem solved!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Well I don't mind driving to the TTC. Just didn't want to drive to the Poly, then instead of hopping the monorail after breakfast, have to get back in the car and drive to Epcot. One car trip is good enough for me. LOL!
    Parking at the TTC and walking to the Poly solves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Just throwing it out there...does anyone know if the boats run that early? Because if they do...problem solved!
    I know the boat runs early enough to get us over to MK for our 8:30a ADR on Monday but I don't know what the actual schedule is.

Like I said my hope was to hop the boat early enough to get to MK and then hop on the resort monorail from there. Then no driving is needed and our tired bodies get a trip back on the boat that night. But, I just have a feeling they don't run early enough to do that (our ADRs at 'Ohana are for 7:55am so figure we'd need enough time for the total boat ride (it's like 20 minutes or so I think) and then to wait for and hop the monorail to the Poly, then get in and figure out where we're going and check-in. I think that'd mean there has to be a 7:15 boat to the MK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast