Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss 50's Prime Time Review in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm a fan but I do admit the "whole thing" does get a little old. The food servings sizes are not the biggest but have never left there hungry. The ...
    JLWilkes3RD is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: 50's Prime Time Review

I'm a fan but I do admit the "whole thing" does get a little old. The food servings sizes are not the biggest but have never left there hungry. The thing about 50's PT is that the whole experience is based on your waiter or waitress... If they're into it they can make it enjoyable...
    "You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far."- Uncle Remus "Song of the South"

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    We were there in 2007 just before it went dark for a rehab, the CM's were not in great character and the place really needed some TLC.
    I had the same experience as Gabe. I first went to Prime Time back in '99 and had a blast and thought it was the best place to eat at Disney. Very much enjoyed "mom's" heckling and reprimands for poor table manners.

While on a visit in '03, there seemed to be a possible cultural misunderstanding between one of the "moms" and her customers. I think perhaps some of the visitors to the restaurant did not understand the novelty of the restaurant and as a result, did not take kindly to being treated like a disobedient child.

Went again in '06 and was extremely disappointed. The staff were not into their characters at all. I think our waiter made the occasionaly comment about "dad", but the feeling that you were a kid again and being told to finish your plate was gone, as was the novelty of Prime Time.

I think that perhaps Disney was afraid of possibly offending people and slacked off on the routine a bit. I'm hoping that this has changed and that Prime Time has returned to its former glory.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

Glad you had such a great experience! Overall I enjoy going there, but the food is just ok IMHO. I like the atmosphere and the show, but it does vary depending on your server. But overall I would go back.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm glad to see some good recent experiences. We went in Sept 06 and had a terrible waiter. All he wanted to do was complain about how no one was coming in to eat and how much he was losing on tips due to the dining plan. I thought the food was good but he soured me on going back for a while.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love prime time almost better than sci-fi dine in.

bmcintyre is offline A-Ticket holder

We haven't eaten there, but at their neighbor place Hollywood & Vine. We didn't like it at all. The food wasn't that good. The restrooms are shared with Prime Time. They were completely out of toilet paper and it was filthy. Not Disney quality at all. I hope eating at Prime Time would be better. From what the posts have said, I'm ready to try it and I'll hope for better restrooms this time.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've got reservations for Prime Time and Sci-Fi. I've never been to either, so we'll see how things go.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: 50's Prime Time Review

I think that 50's prime time cafe is great but I love sci-fi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12