Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Hoop Dee Doo Food (dee doo)? in the Vacation Planning forums; We will be going to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for the first time this May. I love the food and dining at WDW and I like what I ...
    Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Hoop Dee Doo Food (dee doo)?

We will be going to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for the first time this May. I love the food and dining at WDW and I like what I see on the Hoop Dee Doo menu, but I'm a BBQ junkie and I don't want to get my hopes up too much for the ribs and then be disapointed. Have any of you eaten here and what is your verdict on the ribs? I would also be curious as to your favorite BBQ spot @ WDW.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I went to the Review about 9 years ago. I had a great time and left full, but don't remember the quality of the ribs specifically. I believe it was above average, not the worst I have eaten, but not the best. I really haven't had much BBQ at WDW other than at HoopDeeDoo.

My all time favorite would have to be Dreamland, the original location in Tuscaloosa, AL. Followed closely by The Church of the Immaculate BBQ in Huntsville, TX. That was a fascinating place. The restaurant started as a fund raiser at the church, but became a permanent fixture.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've never eaten at the Hoop De Doo Reveue, but I have eaten ribs at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I can't imagine that these two places would have completely different recipes for ribs, so I can tell you that the ribs at Whispering Canyon Cafe were not the best I've had, but certainly not the worst. They were so-so. Since I've lived in the South awhile, I have come to be a pretty big BBQ fan, and you can definatley tell a difference between ribs that have been smoked out back all day and ribs that were heated up in an oven, and these were definatley oven ribs. Not bad - but I was definately not expecting them to be smoked in the first place, so no harm, no foul.

So basically, don't expect these ribs to be life-changing, but it will provide for a decent meal.
    ~Ashleigh

zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder
    was just there in Dec Ribs were kind of burnt. every time we go down to WDW we go to there to eat and this last time the ribs were not so good
    ZACH

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We went New Year's Eve and had a good meal. The ribs aren't the very best in the world but not the grossest I have ever had. There is ample sauce and the meat is tender. I think I prefer the ribs to the chicken.

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can tell you the worst ribs I had at WDW was at Yak & Yeti the meat just wouldn't come off the bone.

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

Robuclafan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We have been to the Hoop dee doo twice and just love the show. The food is plentiful. The ribs were okay nothing special.

I can tell you the worst ribs I had at WDW was at Yak & Yeti the meat just wouldn't come off the bone.
    We ate there the first month they were open, I had the ribs and they were great. The meat was tender and just fell off the bones.

TravelBoy is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Hoop Dee Doo food is very reminiscent of Whispering Canyon in both menu (albeit a more limited version), taste and quality.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Thanks, that gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect. If I experience anything different, I'll be sure to post back.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Hoop Dee Doo Food (dee doo)?

I love the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. The food is good. The rids where good but has a lot of sauce. The Chicken was ok . But the food item I liked the best was the corn bread that was so good. For dessert when we went I think we had strawberry shortcake it was good but not as good as what I am us to at home. The show was good too but from being in a car for about 2 hours I was really tired so I do not remember much. The jokes are corny and in one part of the dinner they give your table a washboard and you get to play that.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I love the Hoop de doo (the show and the food) but I'm an Italian from NY so what do I know. But I can tell you one thing if you want real Italian food stay away from Tony's
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

I love the Hoop Dee do and the food like as stated above is good and there is plenty of it. I liked the ribs that we had but to each their own. everyone has different tastes so its hard to say that someone else will like it but I havent has a meal at Disney that I didnt like.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Never been to the Hoop Dee Doo but I've heard their ribs are the same as the ones served next door at the buffet. Sorry, the name of the buffet escapes me right now. I have eaten there though. From a true Southerner that loves barbeque, the ribs were okay but I wouldn't call them the best. They're definitely edible, especially if you're not a bbq buff or have never had real traditional style bbq. I personally think the best ribs on property can be found at Flame Tree, but then I don't think any bbq place at Disney compares to our local barbeque joints.

If you want good BBQ, go to Fat Boys..... there's a couple in Kissimmee.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Hoo dee doo is a winner.
    J&J

ms_minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

I would say the food is average, but the experience is amazing! Definitely worth it. My favorites are the cornbread and the sangria!

Disney Bride to the Wonderful Soarin' Puddy