Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Cinderella's Royal Table in the Vacation Planning forums; I am leaving in 5 days for Disney! I have made reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table for myself and my boyfriend who I am going with. This will be his ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cinderella's Royal Table

I am leaving in 5 days for Disney! I have made reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table for myself and my boyfriend who I am going with. This will be his first trip ever, and my first time back in five years. I have never been to Cinderella's Royal Table and thought is would be nice to eat dinner there. I have been doing my research and have found mix reviews about Cinderella's Royal Table. The negative reviews about the food and atmosphere (noisy, rushed, etc) are making me a bit nervous. I don't want to be disappointed and regret my decision to dine there. What are your inputs and opinions? I'm using the dining plan and therefore using two table credits.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I ate there some years ago, must have been at least 5-10 years. Personally, I probably wouldn't eat there again. Its something nice to do just once, to say you've eaten in the castle, but other than the "bragging rights" I really didn't take away much from the meal. Even with reservations it took a while for us to get into the restaurant because of the line to see Cinderella before you actually went upstairs to eat dinner.

I don't remember there being anything bad about the atmosphere, though undoubtedly the best seats are probably the ones closest to the windows, which we did not have. I don't think they did character dining back when I ate there other than Cinderella downstairs. I didn't pay much attention to this as we really weren't going there for character experience, we were going for the castle experience and the food. The food was probably the biggest letdown. First off, it was expensive. I don't remember what the rest of my party got, but I remember getting a dry, tough pice of prime rib that wasn't good at all. Three of us went and I think the only one that liked it was my sister, who was 6 or 7 at the time and really into the princesses. The adults didn't care for it.

Like I said, it might be a good restaurant to try just once so you can say you've done it. If you're wanting some five-star dining experience in a romantic setting for you and you're boyfriend, I think your two dining service credits would be better off spent at Grand Floridian's Narcoossee's.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I think it is all about eating at the Castle. I've been there several times for the kids, I'd never book for the hubby and me. Artist Point, much better value and romance for 2 dining credits.

Now if you want to eat a meal in the castle, it is a unique place, the food is OK, just expect a family place with lots of antsy children waiting for their princess.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    We ate there once in 2004, for lunch. It was a nice experience, but the prices have really shot up since then. At the time, there were no characters in the dining room, but we did get to see Cinderella as we were leaving and took photos with her on her throne. The food was just okay, but eating in the castle was really special for the kids. I will not eat there again because of the prices, but I think you will enjoy it as a "once in a lifetime visit".