Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Venues for large groups? 60+ in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm currently planning my dance team's trip for Spring Break '10. Right now I'm thinking we will fly in on a Thursday afternoon/night so we don't waste a day traveling. ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Venues for large groups? 60+

I'm currently planning my dance team's trip for Spring Break '10.
    Right now I'm thinking we will fly in on a Thursday afternoon/night so we don't waste a day traveling. I'd like to have a team dinner somewhere.

I've done Planet Hollywood with kiddos before and it's just *ok*. Any other suggestions?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    60+ high energy kids? Wherever you decide, give the rest of us a heads up.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post

How about the new T-Rex that opened or the Rainforest?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    They are very well behaved....if not they will be putting their running shoes on and taking a few laps around POFQ when we get in for the night.I run a tight ship!
    Last edited by princessariel; 02-27-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post

How about the new T-Rex that opened or the Rainforest?
    oh! I forgot about T-Rex. We have a Rainforest in Galveston so that's not a new thing for them.

Thanks, I'll be looking into that.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    no offense but any large group of children or teens...and any group i happen to be in...tend to get rowdy no matter what.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    The other thing you need to take into consideration is that parties over a certain size (i think 7 or 8) automatically get gratuity added. Plus, in some cases, they may hit you with a penalty if you cancel the plans too close to sit down time.

But, the biggest consideration, is that Disney will not guarantee you all sit near each other. At least when we were doing sittings for 12, they tried their best to sit us near each other, but it didn't alway happen
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
    no offense but any large group of children or teens...and any group i happen to be in...tend to get rowdy no matter what.
    I actually do take offense because I have already stated that my kiddos will not act that way. I've been doing this for 10 years and I've never once had an incident where my kiddos have misbehaved. I expect them to act like young ladies and they do. I don't understand why that is hard to believe.
    Last edited by princessariel; 02-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We went down with our daughter's high school basketball team in the mid 90's. Aside from the 15-20 girls, there were about 10 other teenage family members along for the trip. We also had a group dinner at Planet Hollywood. The kids (and their chaperone/parents) had a great time; they were well-behaved (maybe a little noisy, but that place isn't quiet anyway). As the evening progressed they drew all the other diners into their fun - even had a congo line with almost everybody in the place participating including the servers. We could not all sit together, but we monitored them all evening. Moral of story - kids can (and will) be well-behaved.
    Some of the absolute worst behavior I have seen in the World was by adults.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

I never meant that it was a bad idea or that all large groups of kids are misbehaved. All I meant is that it's very hard to control large groups of youngsters and that the combination of being out with their friends and having fun can make them louder and more raucous than they make normally be.
    I've been in those groups, and I've been out and had to sit next to those groups. I was very shy and quiet in school but when I got out with friends, I got louder and wilder. Nothing bad, just excited. I'm sure it happens to other people too.
    There was a large group, dancers or cheerleaders next to us 2 years ago at Chef Mickeys, there were several adults with them but as they were spread out, it was hard to keep track of everyone. The table across from us were throwing food at each other, while another group next to us couldn't talk to each other without screaming. I'm sure they were well behaved elsewhere.

I wouldn't expect young kids or teens not to be excited when they're out with friends at a fun place like somewhere in Disney. I would never expect them to be prim and proper, even if they were like that elsewhere. But think of it from other diner's perspective, given time they'd probably come to the same conclusion about it being natural for kids to be excited, but at the time it'll probably be annoying to be around.

Who knows? Maybe your kids will be the exception. Maybe they'll be the politest most well behaved kids to ever set foot wherever you end up going, but what I said was never meant to offend anyone. It was a generalization and my opinion from my experiences. When I said they probably wouldn't be well behaved I didn't mean they were going to out and smash in car windows and rob old people.