Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss What do you do for breakfast? in the Vacation Planning forums; I just wanted to know what other people have done in the past regarding breakfast if their dining plan doesn't cover one. Do you use a quickservice as a late ...
    starxcrossed is offline B-Ticket Holder

What do you do for breakfast?

I just wanted to know what other people have done in the past regarding breakfast if their dining plan doesn't cover one. Do you use a quickservice as a late breakfast and get an earlier dinner? My first time my parents did Peapod from Stop & Shop (I think) and had muffins and cereal, but that can get pricey. My second trip it was the same, but there was 11 of us in a villa so we had the capabilities of making eggs & bacon in the morning! This time, because we don't have the plan, we might bring granola or other instant-breakfast type things with us, but I'm not sure what will get squished on the plane. =/

Any ideas on what we should bring? Or should we just use a snack credit on a pastry or something? This is driving me nuts.
    s a r a h *
    | April '07 - Caribbean Beach | July '07 - Saratoga Springs |
    | July '09 - Pop Century |August '11 - Animal Kingdom |

dan864 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What do you do for breakfast?

why dont you take a trip to wal-mart and pick everything up from there,theres 2 on the 192,its cheap and you could stock up from there, saves putting anything in your case.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

We always have breakfast in our room before we leave. Last trip my mom actually filled an entire suitcase with food before we left (it ws a smaller one so it wasn't bad to haul around) and then we used it to bring our souvenirs back when we were done. It worked out great. She packed things like cereal, poptarts, donuts, etc for breakfast. We also had snacks like chips and cookies for when we got back to the room at night.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

We get groceries delivered.. usually eat Oatmeal and or waffles or cereal and then make a sandwich for snack later at the parks. This is provided you have a microwave a toaster and a fridge.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We made up a box of mostly breakfast items then shipped it to our resort a few days before our arrival. Worked out great.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disney-akj is offline B-Ticket Holder

We usually only eat two bigger meals a day. To make it through the mornings we snack on pop tarts, granola bars, or dry cereal in baggies on the go. Sometimes we use a snack credit off of our dining plan and get cereal with milk at the resort in the morning. (If you ask, you will be surprised what they will count as a snack credit).
    Michelle

njdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

If we do the Dining plan, we either use a snack credit for a pastry or fruit and then buy our beverage, OR we pay out of pocket for a sit down breakfast on some mornings.

We have used the Deluxe DDP the past couple of trips. On that, we use 1TS for breakfast, maybe grab a snack midday, and then use 2TS for dinner at a signature restaurant that evening. Works very nicely!

In the "old days" before the Dining Plan, and when my kids were little, I would bring cereal, Poptarts, instant oatmeal, etc. and we would eat breakfast in the room/villa. As they got older, I ordered groceries through DVC for one or 2 "big villa breakfasts" during the week (eggs, bacon, etc).

Depending on your room type, who is in your party, and the type of Dining Plan you choose- your options may vary.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

We usually use a snack credit for something small in the morning like fruit, muffin, pastry etc. or we just will have an early lunch like around 11 or so and skip breakfast all together.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Most days we eat at the food court of our hotel, breakfast at the sit down takes too much time and breakfast food is cheap in comparison to lunch/dinner so I don't was my credits on a simple breakfast.

2 of my family eats a large breakfast, they are morning people. 2 of us eat maybe a bagel, as we are not morning.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    We usually use a snack credit for something small in the morning like fruit, muffin, pastry etc. or we just will have an early lunch like around 11 or so and skip breakfast all together.
    That's exactly what we do!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We make the wal-mart run, then will add snacks depending on lunch time.

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Does anyone know approximately how much it is to take a taxi to Wal-Mart?
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Breakfast is the cheapest meal of the day at WDW. We typically like to either grab food at the resort food court, counter service location, or 1 or 2 mornings of our trip enjoy a character or sit down breakfast. With your TiW card it's even less expensive.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

We are not breakfast people and usually just grab a breakfast bar on the way out in the morning. If we're staying at a value resort, we will usually get a hot breakfast once or twice during our stay.
    ~Ashleigh

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

We usually stop at WalMart and grab some doughnuts or pound cake. Maybe once a trip if we are at a value or moderate we grab a hot breakfast.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast