Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss FW and the Dining Plan in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all. We're (my wife and 3 kids, 8, 5 & 5) are coming down to the World for a week in June. Last time we came down we had ...
    VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

FW and the Dining Plan

Hey all.
    We're (my wife and 3 kids, 8, 5 & 5) are coming down to the World for a week in June. Last time we came down we had a great time at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, and we plan on doing that again. Last time we were only down for 4 days, and so we used one of the Grocery Delivery services to have a stocked cabin when we arrived.

This time, we are debating about using the Dining Plan instead. Our thoughts are eat a light breakfast in at the cabins, and then use the plan for a CS lunch and a Sit Down Dinner.

Any thoughts on this? I know that eating at FW can be a bit of a challenge because it is soooooo spread out and getting to meals at FW can be a little more difficult compared to the other resorts. So that means dining out and about for all 7 days. (Rambling now...)

So I guess the point is which is better, using the dining plan as described with young kids, or just doing it all ourselves at our Cabin?

Thoughts?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: FW and the Dining Plan

You are on vacation. How much meal prep to do you wnat to do? IF you would rather eat at the parks and resorts, then DDP is a good option if you cna get the ADRs you want. Try making ADRs first, then see if the DDP is right for you.

After much discussion we are going with the meal plan. Now we're having fun pouring over all the reviews of different places to eat. We love Boma so that is a definite on the ADR list. Doing Chef Mickys for a character meal, and now we are exploring options for the other 5 Sit downs. I'm a big fan of the Coral Reef, so we're leaning in that direction too.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

do the dinning plan and this will really feel like a vacation. always can take back left overs for lunch the next day.
    J&J

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I am glad you chose to use the dining plan, it's a great way to experience all different kinds of disney food, and save some money while doing it. Go for some of the resturants you love and know you do, but also try something new, too. I'd recommend O'hana (YUM.) I'd also suggest you leave time in between your meals, maybe use the CS for breakfast, and the TS for dinner, because although disney makes them seem small, Counter service meals can fill you up alot, and you don't want to be full for a buffet/big dinner... (have to try everything yummy!!)

Whatever you do, have fun at the parks as well as eating !!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

One of the nice things is that my wife is a bit... thrifty. And if we weren't on the dining plan, she would NEVER order anything remotely expensive. SO this trip she can splurge a little and enjoy the entire dining experience more.