Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss The Outer Rim At The Contemporary in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought I read some where that the Outer Rim Lounge is closing and the space will be taken over by Chef Mickey's expanding over there. Does anyone know if ...
    Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

The Outer Rim At The Contemporary

I thought I read some where that the Outer Rim Lounge is closing and the space will be taken over by Chef Mickey's expanding over there. Does anyone know if this is for sure true and when this is supposed to happen? This is a frequent relaxation watering hole for my husband and I and we would be sad to see it go!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: The Outer Rim At The Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnthumper View Post
    I thought I read some where that the Outer Rim Lounge is closing and the space will be taken over by Chef Mickey's expanding over there. Does anyone know if this is for sure true and when this is supposed to happen? This is a frequent relaxation watering hole for my husband and I and we would be sad to see it go!
    The old Outer Rim Lounge closed last year. A new one is to go where the temporary Grab & Go counter service was.

I'm not sure if CM took over the Outer Rim space as for some reason I can't picture where it was - I though CM annexed the Concourse Steakhouse space.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnthumper View Post
    You will be happy to know, then, that the Outer Rim has reopened. It is smaller than it used to be and has been pushed down to where the old television area showing Disney cartoons used to be, but it is still a nice place for adults to relax with the same view.

I share you appreciation and was also disappointed at the thought that the only lounge at the Contemporary would be the trendy Wave. Don't get me wrong, one of the best meals I have had in the past year was at the Wave last August. The lounge just does not appeal to me, though.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

So glad to hear the Outer Rim has reopened. I look forward to visiting it
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

We actually did the monorail bar tour on Friday and stopped there. It's pretty small, and there was a loud hum...like it is on top of or next to a very large HVAC unit...you can see a bit of the pool and the lake from it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news