Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Afternoon trip to WDW and dining?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok here is the deal, my wife has a medical conference in Sarasota in May and it gets over at noon each day. We are going to drive up one ...
    jaredkari is offline A-Ticket holder

Afternoon trip to WDW and dining??

Ok here is the deal, my wife has a medical conference in Sarasota in May and it gets over at noon each day. We are going to drive up one afternoon and spend the afternoon at WDW, not the parks but Downtown Disney and maybe look at some resorts. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fun things to do outside of the parks in an afternoon??

Also I have made reservations at the Flying Fish Cafe at Boardwalk. Any suggestions on what is good there? I am a big steak fan so I was hoping they might have something.

Thanks

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Afternoon trip to WDW and dining??

Here's a link to a website with the menu for the Flying Fish Cafe. I've never eaten there myself, but I hope it helps. Flying Fish Cafe Menu - Boardwalk Disney Quest is also a fun interactive place for families in Downtown Disney. One of the many things we enjoy building and riding our own virtual roller coaster.

Soarin' Over PA is offline B-Ticket Holder

Flying fish is more seafood....I would not recommend the steak at all! It was terrible
    “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I recommend exploring the Wilderness Lodge. Check out the beach where you can get a great view of Discovery Island, and just relax a bit. Then take the boat over to the TTC and take a Monorail tour of the Monrail resorts. Enjoy!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If you head over the Bordwalk area, you cna tour a few resorts in the Epcot area and have a choice of several restaurants. You can even catch part of illuminations (the fireworks) from outside the International Gateway to Epcot.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If your looking for steak, I would go to the Yachtman Steakhouse.... Yachtsman Steakhouse Menu - Yacht Club it's over at the Yacht and Beach Club which is just across from the Boardwalk (where the Flying Fish is). After dinner you could go over to JellyRolls and enjoy the dueling pianos. There is also mini golf in that area over at Fantasia Gardens (I think it's across from Swan and Dolphin, you would probably need a car). All the Deluxe resorts are great to explore but you have limited time so if you are eating over in the Epcot area, I would stick to those resorts. But at night time over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you can use night vision goggles to see the animals.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

There are several entertaining options in the Boardwalk area.

My family rented a surrey bike one afternoon. We had so much fun! It's one of our favorite Disney memories.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

There are a couple of miniature golf courses on property that are fun, if you're into that sort of thing.

Wishes (most of it anyway) can be viewed, and heard (the soundtrack is piped in) from TTC, which you can access without a park ticket. I've also heard that the same is true of the beach at the Poly, but I've never seen it from there.

If the reason you're staying outside the parks is cost (not wanting to spend the price of a whole day ticket for a few hours), there may be another option. I don't know the details, or if it is still offered, but there used to be some sort of after 4PM pass to Epcot. It may have been available only to FL residents, and maybe only on an annual basis, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else here knows more.