Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Best "Last Minute" ADRs??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay...we're about 40+ days out from our WDW trip, so that's not exactly "last minute". But it is well over half way through the 90 day window so any of ...
    futureWDWCEO is offline A-Ticket holder

Best "Last Minute" ADRs???

Okay...we're about 40+ days out from our WDW trip, so that's not exactly "last minute". But it is well over half way through the 90 day window so any of the most popular places are booked solid (O'hana and Whispering Canyon are the two I tried). Unfortunately (or fortunately) we thought we were going to cancel this trip so I didn't make any ressies at the 90 day window.

But the trip is still on and we'd like to do at least one sit down meal with me, DW, our 6 year old daughter, and our 3 year old son. Any suggestions on a decent place to try to get an ADR at this point??? Thanks!!!
    ME DW DD6DS4
    1995 - 1st WDW trip!! 2000 - WDW Honeymoon!!!! (GF & CBR) 2004 - 1st WDW trip with daughter!!! 2006 - 1st WDW trip with son!!! 2008 - Yet another WDW trip!! June 2009 - 1st DVC Stay!!! April 2010 - 1st Disney Cruise!!! June/July 2010 - BCV w/friends Dec. 2010 - WDW Reunion '10

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Best "Last Minute" ADRs???

We liked Teppan Edo- they cook at the table so entertaining for the kids. Garden Grill is another good choice and characters are there also. I would just start making a list and asking. There may be something open and an "off" time. And keep checking since people make cancellations all the time.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I wasn't able to go on the trip, but I know that my now three-year-old nephew he was 18 months at the time) really liked Coral Reef in Epcot. So that might be another idea on where to go.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

You may want to try Liberty Tree Tavern or the Crystal Palace at MK, or Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. They're all kid friendly and have characters. I know they are all popular too, and are probably booked up, but you never know until you try.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder

On Friday night (35 days out) I booked Donald's safari breakfast. Last year when we went, we booked crystal palace and the clam bake at the beach club less than 2 weeks before we left. You just have to be flexible, and work with what they have
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

If you call regularly, you are almost guaranteed to find a reservation that has opened up. About a month ago, I tried to book O'hana for our upcoming trip and the only times still available were at 9:45 each night. I really didn't want to eat that late, but I booked it because beggars can't be choosers. A few days ago, I figured that it couldn't hurt to keep calling and asking if anything had opened up, so I called almost once a day, and, lo and behold, I found an 8:00 time for Saturday.

It's really just a matter of luck, but if you are persistant, something is bound to open up!
    ~Ashleigh

neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

There is still hope! When you call to make s reservation try odd times, if your six year old can stand waiting. To combat that I sujest some snacks, even from home would work. You might be able to get times during pardes like late afternoon or yes the last few times aviable that night. I would try the hotels, like Cape May, which is a character, Mama Melroses, try the boardwalk and Downtown Disney. Trails End at the wilderness lodge is quite often overlooked. The new T-R meal, the new T-Rex restraunt is not taking ADRs at this time so everyone has to walk up. Marakesh in World Showcase might be open, but the food might be a little adventurous for the little one.
    Keep calling frequently and try many different places! Especially closer your trip cancelations happen more frequently.

Hope it works out and I am glad you were able to go on your trip after all.
    Kati
    91'offsite, 92'Caribbean Beach, 93'Caribbean Beach, 94'Beach Club, 96'Boardwalk, 97' Disneyland Hotel, 98'Beach Club , 00'Caribbean Beach, 02'Animal Kingdom Lodge, 04'Wilderness Lodge, 05'Grand Californian, 06'Beach Club, 07'Saratoga Springs, 08' Beach Club

D23 Charter Member

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Next trip ~ July 19 - 26 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Very cool. Thank you all for the feedback. Some great suggestions that we will have to look in to. We typically stick to the Counter Service places...so there are plenty of Table Service locations we haven't experienced yet. Thanks again!!!
    ME DW DD6DS4
    1995 - 1st WDW trip!! 2000 - WDW Honeymoon!!!! (GF & CBR) 2004 - 1st WDW trip with daughter!!! 2006 - 1st WDW trip with son!!! 2008 - Yet another WDW trip!! June 2009 - 1st DVC Stay!!! April 2010 - 1st Disney Cruise!!! June/July 2010 - BCV w/friends Dec. 2010 - WDW Reunion '10

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Try the Biergarten at Germany in EPCOT and consider lunch versus dinner for a sit down. We have made same day ADRs for Biergarten and Rose & Crown in June the past two years.

Nokaoi5 is offline A-Ticket holder

Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is delicious, and you can almost always get a reservation there.

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

If you're having a hard time finding character meals, try Cape May at the Beach Club for breakfast.

It seems to book a bit slower since it is a little out of the way.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Try the Garden Grill in Epcot although it may be booked. Very kid friendly. We also liked 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Unless they have changed characters the characters should be Alice and friends and Pooh and friends.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Very cool....we'll have to take those into consideration!!!
    ME DW DD6DS4

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

My ace in the hole is the Kona Cafe (there's a thread on Kona for dinner on this forum). Usually can get a reservation on short notice.

A nice break in the action is to take the launch over to Fort Wilderness from the MK and grab lunch and relax at Trail's End. One of the least expensive table service meals in WDW, too.

I have had good last-minute luck with the Wave in the Contemporary, too. I'm not sure if that has become more popular now that it has been around a while.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
    A nice break in the action is to take the launch over to Fort Wilderness from the MK and grab lunch and relax at Trail's End. One of the least expensive table service meals in WDW, too.
    I second Trail's End! If you're paying out of pocket, you can't beat this one! Kids can play on the playground between the boat dock and the restaurant too... nice break mid-day! Relatively quiet.

I posted a review with pictures a couple months ago: Hidden Gem: Trail's End Buffet @ Ft. Wilderness *pics*

I don't know exactly where you'll be or what your budget it, but I know we've walked up and been able to eat almost immediately at Biergarten (Germany - buffet), Nine Dragons (China), and San Angel Inn (Mexico) in Epcot in the past. They all take ADRs too, but I suspect you won't have any problem obtaining these...
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL