Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dress code for signature restaurants? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to WDW in Sept. with the free DDP and are planning to go to Narcoosee's for one of our dinners. The have a business casual dress code ...
    disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Dress code for signature restaurants?

We are going to WDW in Sept. with the free DDP and are planning to go to Narcoosee's for one of our dinners. The have a business casual dress code for the rest. Can I wear nice shorts and a polo shirt or do I need to wear dress slacks. We don't really want to go back to our room to change and then head over to GF. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Dress code for signature restaurants?

I think that would be fine as long as you have a collared shirt. I think Victoria and Alberts is the only one where you would need to wear dress pants and a jacket.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thanks, I just listened to a review of the restaurant on another podcast-don't tell Lou- and one of the reviewers wore shorts and said there were alot of guests with logo t-shirts, too. He also said no one was questioning what they had on. I feel more comfortable now.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

There is definitely no strict dresscode for this place. The main thing is no cut-offs or tank tops. That's the general "stricter" dress code for places like this. When we ate there last time, I had on shorts and a t-shirt and DH had on a polo and shorts. Definitely no need to dress up!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

thanks jeanne, I was just concerned about being in shorts. Dave.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

Each signature restaurant has it's own dress code. You can find this on their official web pages. For Narcosee's:

Dress Code Guidelines:
    Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
    Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

It sounds like lots of people dine in the signature restaurants in fairly casual dress which is good to know

however...

If you were celebrating an occasion like a birthday or anniversary etc and wanted to dress up would you look out of place? I've always wanted to try one of the signature restaurants and will probably save it for a special occasion but I have a real fear of looking overdressed. I would hate to turn up and be the only ones who were dressed up as I would feel really uncomfortable if everyone else was in shorts and t shirt.

For anyone who's dined at the signature restaurants (except Victoria and alberts as I Know this requires formal dress) was anyone else dining there dressed up? I know this sounds silly and you should always just go for it and wear whatever you want but I really hate looking out of place.

vic

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

vikstar: I have a tendency to wear dresses when everyone else is in shorts and a tee shirt, so for me, I do wear a skirt and a top or a casual dress to signatures many times. My Dad will usually wear a button down or a polo with slacks when we go to a signature. We've never felt out of place.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    vikstar: I have a tendency to wear dresses when everyone else is in shorts and a tee shirt, so for me, I do wear a skirt and a top or a casual dress to signatures many times. My Dad will usually wear a button down or a polo with slacks when we go to a signature. We've never felt out of place.
    I'll second what Kat said... I certainly don't dress up as much as I might at home, but I'll wear a skirt & nice top to dinner & have never felt out of place. Really, you get such a mix of people, (some coming in directly from the parks, people who arrived earlier that day & others who are coming from a break at their resort, plus locals) that nothing is "out of place".

OK... maybe if you showed up in your bathrobe & slippers you would look out of place.
    Zima-Cheryl

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    It sounds like lots of people dine in the signature restaurants in fairly casual dress which is good to know

however...

If you were celebrating an occasion like a birthday or anniversary etc and wanted to dress up would you look out of place? I've always wanted to try one of the signature restaurants and will probably save it for a special occasion but I have a real fear of looking overdressed. I would hate to turn up and be the only ones who were dressed up as I would feel really uncomfortable if everyone else was in shorts and t shirt.

For anyone who's dined at the signature restaurants (except Victoria and alberts as I Know this requires formal dress) was anyone else dining there dressed up? I know this sounds silly and you should always just go for it and wear whatever you want but I really hate looking out of place.

vic

Actually on 2 trips I dressed up when I went to Ohana for dinner and then to California Grill..I wore a nice dress..i didnt feel out of place at all. I actually felt more special since i was dressed up
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Tigger59 is offline A-Ticket holder

I've been told and have read that there are no shorts or tanks allowed at California Grill and yet when we dined there last year, there were a lot of guests dressed extremely casually. I guess the folks at the check-in desk don't really enforce it, unless you look like a slob.

We brought a change of clothes, which I carried in my backpack all day, and changed before going in and we'll do the same this year.

I changed out of my casual tank and shorts to a pair of light, cotton pants and a nicer top. My husband changed out of shorts and a tank to a golf shirt and jeans. I'd put them in a locker at MK, however, we may be spending the day at a different park. If we do decide to spend the day at MK, we'll put the change of clothes in a locker.