Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Table Service restaurants in the Vacation Planning forums; I need some advice. I need a table service restaurant that would be good for us for lunch. All that we are looking for is someplace cool, where we can ...
    newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Table Service restaurants

I need some advice. I need a table service restaurant that would be good for us for lunch. All that we are looking for is someplace cool, where we can enjoy a good meal and relax. There will be three of us (all is mid-20s), a 3 year old boy, and a 6 month old boy. Normally, I'm in the park solo, so I don't normally worry about table service, but I think that it would be better for us than something quick. Thanks for all of your help.
    Last edited by newdrama12; 06-14-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Table Service restaurants

You didn't mention if you wanted character interactions or not. for the STudios, I would try 50s Prime Time; AK I would go for Yak and Yeti first then Rainforest Cafe; For MK, I prefer Liberty Tavern or Crystal Palace(has characters which might be good for the 3 year old). There are so many at Epcot, it would be hard to pick just one so it would depend on what the group likes to eat. Coral Reef might keep the young one entertained as would Biertgarten or Teppan Edo.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the ideas. I don't think that we care if there are characters interactions or not. Both of the kids are my nephews also the other two will be my sister and her friend. My 3 year old nephew loves Goofy, not sure if there is a character lunch that he would be at or not.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Considering the kids -- I'd second Crystal Palace.

Another might be Teppan Edo -- the food is good & the grill w/the chef fixing the food right there may keep the kids interested.
    Zima-Cheryl

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

We love 50s Prime Time for lunch!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

Kids that age, another good choice is Hollywood and Vine with the Playhouse Disney characters. It does get a bit loud, though.....
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And I am not a big fan of Buffets let alone with small children. First you have to get their plates, then yours. Someone needs to stay at the table with them, ad nauseum. I'd say 50's, fun to look at stuff, silly wait staff and loud enough so children can speak without ever interrupting a quiet restaurant. SCiFi would work well too. Cool cars to eat in. Or the Poly with family style.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

If you will be in WDW before September, I recommend Les Chefs D'France. The reason I say before September is because they have Remy from Ratatouille make appearances between 12:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. We just did this for lunch and we LOVED it. The food and service was great (you don't have to like French food either...they have variety). Remy is not a costumed character either. Like Lucky the Dinosaur, he is an animatronic character that interacts with guests. A "Chef" brings him around in a service platter on a cart from table to table. You can ask Remy questions, and he'll respond. Also, the "Chef" sang a song that Remy danced to. It takes place over just a few minutes, so it will entertain the kids while not being intrusive to your meal.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

do a buffet like Crystal Palace, Tusker House, or Biergarten
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

During our last trip to the World, we ate at San Angel Inn for lunch and it was fantastic!! I would eat there again in a heartbeat. It wasn't too heavy, but you do leave full! We sat right on the river and the setting was amazing. It's a great way to cool off and get fed. They have very good salsa, although it's a little spicy.

If you're not into Mexican, Liberty Tree Tavern is good, as well as Le Celie(Spelling?).
    -Zac

mrklig is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would say the Sci-Fi. Lunch is better than dinner and when my kids were that age, they love the idea of eating in the cars. They ask to eat there when we go to the world.

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder

i ALWAYS suggest The Plaza in Magic Kingdom...i always get the Rueben, and its delicious. Its a sandwich, so its light enough to be a lunch, but filling enough that you arent hungry for a while. i always get milkshakes there, too, to cool off from being so hot all day. Its air conditioned too! Its definitely my fav restaurant for lunch or dinner
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2