Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Fantasmic Dining Package... in the Vacation Planning forums; With the reduction of Fantasmic offerings, is the Fantasmic Dining Package more worth it than it used to be? With only 2 performances per week, I envision much larger crowds ...
    marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Fantasmic Dining Package...

With the reduction of Fantasmic offerings, is the Fantasmic Dining Package more worth it than it used to be?

With only 2 performances per week, I envision much larger crowds and a tougher time getting in. Therefore it would seem that the guaranteed seat you get with the Fantasmic Dining Package might be even more valuable.

Can you reserve the Fantasmic Dining Package with the new online dining reservation system?
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Fantasmic Dining Package...

From what I've heard, you can't reserve any of the "packages" online. (I could be wrong, I haven't tried these for myself yet.) HOWEVER...it's also my understanding that the Fantasmic packages have really gone down in value. Apparently they've been releasing the "reserved" seating up to an hour before show time to those waiting in the stand-by line...which to me doesn't make any sense. I mean, what's the point of having that reserved seating if you still have to be in line and wait that early?? (Just my opinion...)

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    Apparently they've been releasing the "reserved" seating up to an hour before show time to those waiting in the stand-by line...which to me doesn't make any sense. I mean, what's the point of having that reserved seating if you still have to be in line and wait that early?? (Just my opinion...)
    ...and if you do make it in time to sit in the reserved section, I heard from multiple people that you will sit off to one of the side of the theater. If you have to get there that early to get into the reserved section, odds are that you will be able to get much better seats.

In my opinion, I wouldn't kill myself to get a Fantasmic package. If you don't have a strong desire to eat at any of the restaurants that participate in the package and have the freedom of the Park Hopper, I would enjoy the day at a different park (DHS is usually NUTS on the days that there are Fantasmic shows), enjoy your dinner without having to cram it down to get to the show on time, and then go to the later showing (there are usually 2 showings on the nights that it plays). The later the last showing is, the less crowded and easier it will be to get a seat!
    ~Ashleigh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well it appears Disney is finally fixing this mess!

Now after your dinner you will be given a card for reserved seating at
    Fantasmic. You will still enter from the main area however there will now be a special line for dining package card holders. You will only be required to be there 30 minutes in advance to claim your reserved seating.

Lets hope this one sticks.

*caution: read the Brown Derby Menu. It has reportedly changed to one menu, not lunch and dinner any longer. Many items have been removed that were previously offered.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 09-08-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.