Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 6:00 a.m., 90 days away, Let the fun begin.... in the Vacation Planning forums; Today is the day my 90 day ADR window opens. I was up at 4:55 a.m.(central time) so I could use the online ADR system right at 5:00. Using the ...
    marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool 6:00 a.m., 90 days away, Let the fun begin....

Today is the day my 90 day ADR window opens.

I was up at 4:55 a.m.(central time) so I could use the online ADR system right at 5:00.

Using the online system, I made my ADRs for day 1, but since I used a travel agent that is all I could do. So, I have 2 ADRs for day 1:

California Grill, 5:50 on 9/20
    Mama Melrose 5:45 on 9/20

Yes, I know those are the same time. Which one I use will depend on the rest of the ADRs I get. Once I have my others, I'll know what I want to do and cancel the other. Also, if I keep Mama Melrose, I'd like to add the Fantasmic Dining Package to it, which I couldn't seem to do online.

Now it's 6:09 a.m., I dialed right at 6:00 a.m. (according to my Sprint phone. The voice on the other end told me the wait is currently more than 30 minutes.... tick, tick, tick, tick...... fingers are crossed.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

Cool Re: 6:00 a.m., 90 days away, Let the fun begin....

6:32 and still holding...
    Marker from MO

05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: 6:00 a.m., 90 days away, Let the fun begin....

Any luck yet? Stinks that since you booked with a TA you weren't able to do it online. What's with that?

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Cool Not Bad At All!!!

Not Bad!!!!

They picked up the call at 6:38, so 38 minutes on hold.

I got all the locations I wanted, including Le Cellier. I had to be flexible with times, and some dates, but I mostly got everything within a certain window. The only one that was radically different was LeCellier, I wanted dinner on Thurs, Wed, or Mon, and I got lunch on Saturday. That's ok, I got in and was really wanting to visit Le Cellier this time as we've by-passed it for 2 or 3 years in order to try new places.

Here's there rundown of my ADRs.

Day 1 - California Grill @ 5:50 (late enough to hang out for 8:00 Wishes, or early enough to go see Wishes in MK)

Day 2 - San Angel Inn @ 12:30. Would probably have preferred dinner, but no problem with lunch. EMH at DHS, so plenty of time to get over there for that if we choose. This is also a Spectromagic night so there's plenty of time to get there as well.

Day 3 - Crystal Palace @ 2:15. This is on purpose. I was actually shooting for 2:30, but oh well. Late lunch before MNSSHP.

Day 4 - Akersues @ 5:05. This is right on schedule, planned for Akersues for dinner on either day 4 or day 5. 5:00 dinners are a little easier to get, and get you finished in time to get to fireworks, parade or other evening events.

Day 5 - Mama Melrose @ 12:25. Again, would have probably preferred dinner, but not problem with lunch.

Day 6 - 50's Prime Time, @ 5:05. This is Friday, the first day of Food & Wine. We plan to take advantage of Food and Wine during the day, then slide over to DHS for Fantasmic. Depending on how much we eat at F&W we may decide to cancel this.

Day 7 - Le Cellier @ 12:35. This is the one we were most flexible with, BUT WE GOT IN!!! Planning for SpectroMagic and Wishes for our final night, so this works well. Awesome steak, then catch the monorail to MK for the evening.

Call ended at 6:55, so made all my ADRs in 17 minutes.

Not exactly what I had originally planned, but pretty darned close. And got all the locations I wanted, withing an agreable window.

Overall, I'm happy!!!!!!

90 days to go!!!!
    Marker from MO

05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    Any luck yet? Stinks that since you booked with a TA you weren't able to do it online. What's with that?
    I had heard of others running into this too, so I was aware. They're working on it. I think the online system will be great. It worked well for the one day I used it, and I plan to use it to check for more preferred times for my existing ADRs.

No complaints from me.
    Marker from MO

05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

If you called at 6am on the first day you were able to make ADR's for those places, how were they filled up so fast for the times you wanted? How many operators are taking calls at once? How many people are actually calling for those same places at 6am? It just doesn't make sense to me that you couldn't get an ADR for Mexico for dinner at 6am on the first morning you could call.

Do I have this wrong? Can you clarify, b/c this will be us in July, trying to make ADR's.

Did you call 90 days out from the first day of ADR's, or last day of ADR's? Do I need to call every day, 90 days before my trip to get the best ADR's?

Sorry to hijack your post, I'm just curious how this works.

Thanks!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Hey AllieBee, think I might be able to help. I have an unnatural obsession with Disney Dining

Marker, the OP, is heading to Disney during the free dining period. If you're making your ADRs in July, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're going in October and not during Free Dining?? If you're not going during Free Dining, getting ADRs becomes 100x easier! The OP called at 6am since he lives in the central time zone. Currently, Disney takes calls 90 days in advance starting at 7am Eastern. You can make your reservations online now starting at 6am Eastern. If you're staying at a Disney resort, you can make your reservations for your entire trip starting 90 days from the first day of your stay. If you read anything referring to 90+10, that's it! With the OP, since he made a reservation with a TA instead of directly with Disney, he had a different confirmation number and couldn't input that into the Disney online system, hence the need to call for the "+10" reservations. Unfortunately, it really looks like that might have made a difference between lunch & dinner at some places. Luckily, the OP is sane and realizes this kind of thing isn't life & death But it is a new system, so it's not surprising that there are some bugs that need to be worked out. If you're not staying on Disney property (I'm sorry...kidding!) you then have to call every day of your trip when that day hits 90 days out or go online.

I think I hit everything. If I covered anything you already knew, I apologize, I just wanted to be thorough!

Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    ~Sam Eagle

Oh...and Marker: those ADRs look mighty tasty! Glad the call worked for you. Plus you got to listen to the music I've played around a bit online, I actually made my ADRs the day before the online dining became available But it's been fun to be able to put in a date and see what's available if I want to change something. So you might find that useful if you do want to change something!

~Sam Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    Hey AllieBee, think I might be able to help. I have an unnatural obsession with Disney Dining

Marker, the OP, is heading to Disney during the free dining period. If you're making your ADRs in July, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're going in October and not during Free Dining?? If you're not going during Free Dining, getting ADRs becomes 100x easier! The OP called at 6am since he lives in the central time zone. Currently, Disney takes calls 90 days in advance starting at 7am Eastern. You can make your reservations online now starting at 6am Eastern. If you're staying at a Disney resort, you can make your reservations for your entire trip starting 90 days from the first day of your stay. If you read anything referring to 90+10, that's it! With the OP, since he made a reservation with a TA instead of directly with Disney, he had a different confirmation number and couldn't input that into the Disney online system, hence the need to call for the "+10" reservations. Unfortunately, it really looks like that might have made a difference between lunch & dinner at some places. Luckily, the OP is sane and realizes this kind of thing isn't life & death But it is a new system, so it's not surprising that there are some bugs that need to be worked out. If you're not staying on Disney property (I'm sorry...kidding!) you then have to call every day of your trip when that day hits 90 days out or go online.

I think I hit everything. If I covered anything you already knew, I apologize, I just wanted to be thorough!
    Well said!!!!

Another thing to consider in the consideration of why things were filled so soon is the 90+10. People whose vacations begin as much as 10 days ago, were able to book on days during my vacation prior to today. So for the first day of our trip, Sept 20, there were possibly people booking 10 days ago, for tomorrow there were people able to book 9 days ago, and so on. So it was easier to get a difficult ADR, such as Le Cellier, later in my week, but not earlier. Likewise, me booking Le Cellier for lunch on Friday 9/25 takes away an available spot for someone who can book until 90 days prior to 9/25. Does that make sense?

As was said, it's not life or death. My trip will not be ruined based on availability of any ADR. There are plenty of options of good places to eat. Plenty of places we like that are not on this trips itenerary that could easily be used as a substitute for something I couldn't get. Before calling, definitely have you preferred chioces figured out, but have some options ready. Also, the more flexible you are the better luck you'll have. So we eat dinner at 5:15 instead of 7:00, there will just be more evening to play, and more reason to buy a churro later if we get hungry again. Either way, we'll be at Walt Disney World having a great time regardless of where or when we eat.

My opinion, roll with it, there no need for added stress, especially over something I have little control over, and something that in reality won't REALLY make or break the trip.

Everyone is working under the same system, it's as fair as it can reasonably be. Room for improvement, sure it is, but what isn't. Some times you get what you wanted, sometimes you don't, that's life.
    Marker from MO

05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thank you very much for the information! Again, sorry to hijack. I didn't realize you all were talking about Free Dining, now I understand.

Argh, that 90 + 10 is going to bite me in the butt. I really want to try to get CRT while we're there, and for a specific day. We aren't staying on property, either, grrrr for so many reasons!

Again, thanks, and all of your ADR's sound wonderful!!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

With the new online system, my advice would be to get online that day at 6am and see what's available. Keep trying as often as possible. Since you don't have to keep calling, it makes the process to check a lot quicker.

Good luck with your search!!

~Sam Eagle

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Your dining list looks fantastic!!

Disney on line reservations is working on the booking problem - but another thing to keep in mind is that your TA can make your dining reservations for you on line at 90 days with no problems (and, of course, on the phone as well).
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!