Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss ADR's for 9/20 through 9/27 in the Vacation Planning forums; Well our travel agent, Coleen of Mouse Fan Travel, was able to secure our dining reservations for our trip! I'll tell anyone who has never used a travel agent that ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

ADR's for 9/20 through 9/27

Well our travel agent, Coleen of Mouse Fan Travel, was able to secure our dining reservations for our trip! I'll tell anyone who has never used a travel agent that you can have complete faith in Mouse Fan Travel! Coleen has been awesome and she's earned a customer for life in me! My only complaint, and it's not with Coleen at all, is that we weren't able to get Cinderella's Royal table breakfast on 9/24. Coleen started with that one first and was only able to get us in on the 27th which is the day we plan on packing for our return trip home. It is so frustrating that on the 90 day point you cannot get your reservations. Now we have decided to have lunch at CRT on the 24th. Since we are going for the character interaction and not the food, it's OK but I'm not at all excited for the menu!

I thought this new system was supposed to make it easier to get the reservations you want?

I was also wondering if anyone had any comparisons between CRT and Cinderella's Happy Ever After Dinner?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: ADR's for 9/20 through 9/27

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I thought this new system was supposed to make it easier to get the reservations you want?
    The new system doesn't increase the number of available seats, or decrease the number of people wanting them, so I really wouldn't have expected it to make it any easier to get "exactly" what you want. Perhaps there is a slight edge with the online system since currently it lets you start and hour before the call-in lines open.

So, you got lunch instead of breakfast, on the day that you wanted... I guess I'd still consider that somewhat of a success if it were me
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

Re: ADR's for 9/20 through 9/27

Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    So, you got lunch instead of breakfast, on the day that you wanted... I guess I'd still consider that somewhat of a success if it were me
    Not by the look of the menu. Wife is a breakfast fanatic. I'm not sure she's going to find something she likes. But then again it is free dining so aside from tax and tip, I'm not out much!

If I remember correctly, when Disney dining changed from 180 days to 90 days they mentioned how it would make your favorite ADR's more available. I was skeptical then and now I see that I was right. I am still holding out hope and I will try to get the breakfast up until 9/24. I'll see if the deskworkers at Pop Century can work some magic.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

MOST people aren't as obsessed with planning as those on the forums & message boards. The 90 days have made it so that people who plan their trips less than 6 months in advance can now get reservations at their favorite restaurants as well. It's more or less leveled the playing field...I think those are the people they were referring to.

Honestly though, so many people can't get into CRT that I personally would be happy for lunch. Even for the not as popular restaurants you sometimes need to be flexible and take a mealtime that wasn't your first choice, especially during Free Dining. Keep calling back, you never know what might open up.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

I know. Even with the disappointment/aggravation over the CRT breakfast I am happy that we got every restaurant we asked for. We aren't gonna be hungry that's for certain.