Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss California Grill Dress Code dilema in the Vacation Planning forums; So the California Grill requires you to wear dress shorts and a nice shirt or dress. No tank tops allowed or jean shorts. We plan to spend the entire day ...
    Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

California Grill Dress Code dilema

So the California Grill requires you to wear dress shorts and a nice shirt or dress. No tank tops allowed or jean shorts. We plan to spend the entire day at MK and then go to dinner. We dont want to have to go back to the resort in between to change clothes but we dont wan to have to wear dress casual all day at the park. So we were thinking we would bring a backpack with our change of clothes for dinner and keep them in a locker all day at MK. Only thing is...we dont want to come traipsing into the Cali Grill with a big ole backpack either. My thought was maybe the front desk/concierge at the Contemporary could hold our backpack for us while we dine. Our reservation is not until 9pm and the park will be closed, so we cant keep the bag there and go back and get it after, so.... Does anyone know if they would do that for us?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: California Grill Dress Code dilema

I take it you won't have a car.

That was our solution to your problem, just kept stuff in the car and changed into a collared shirt before we went to dinner.
    Joe.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I think your best bet would be to call the Contemporary and ask.

Alternatively, I Googled Disney World lockers and found the following:

There are Luggage Lockers at Epcot and at the Ticket and Transportation Center. The Epcot luggage lockers are located behind the bus information booth. The TTC lockers are located next to the bus information booth.These are coin operated and require 4 quarters each time they're used. The dimensions are: 23"H x 16"W x 29" Deep
    Full link:

Disney World Lockers

Note that I can't verify this information personally, as I don't ever go by the bus area.

It's worth noting that Disney's official website has their own page about lockers, which doesn't mention anything about the TTC. So again, I'd have to recommend that you call them to try to get a definitive answer.

Tony

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

T-shirts are allowed, so if you just wanted to wear something like cargo shirts and a t-shirt that would be fine I believe.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

My sister and I went there and we wore just nice jeans, no rips or tears, and cute t-shirts and we were fine. We did go during a very busy time, the week of New Year's Eve, so that might have factored in but as far as I could tell you didn't have to be all dressed up. Think more visting grandma rather then going to church with grandma.

Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

If it's HOT we plan to both be wearing Tanks in the park all day. As I understand it Tanks are not acceptable atire. I can handle Khaki shorts but if it's hot I have to wear a tank top....I'm from MN...I start to melt and sweat when it's over 82 degrees
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnthumper View Post
    ....I'm from MN...I start to melt and sweat when it's over 82 degrees

Perhaps Florida in July was not the best idea.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

For me personally, if it's hot and I'm sweaty & yucky, I like to freshen up before dinner. If your dinner isn't until 9pm, are you sure you wouldn't have time to head back to the room first? You might find that you're more comfortable that way.

Otherwise, I'd bring the bag and if they can't store it, just plan to bring it up with you.

And elvistelth, according to the OP's signature, they're going in September, not July. Still hot, but not July-hot.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    And elvistelth, according to the OP's signature, they're going in September, not July. Still hot, but not July-hot.
    You are correct. And yes, September can be very uncomfortable too. I've lived in Florida since 1982 and am pretty used to heat and even I wouldn't do Disney (except waterparks) in July.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm hoping to have the same dilemma with ADRs for Victoria & Albert's in October I'm going to get a largish tote bag that matches my outfit to bring clothes to change into after the park; then I'll just carry it like a (big) handbag. I'll throw a couple of washcloths and plastic bags (to stow them after they're wet) in with our clothes and hit the ladies/men's room and wash up a little before changing. I'll store it in a locker for the day so I don't have to lug it around.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Victoria and Albert's is more of a problem for dress. I thought that as far as California grill goes, store a couple T-Shirts or similar in a locker at MK, then put them on over the tank tops. Shorts in good condition are allowable wear there.
    Joe.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Another thought may be to take a break around 4 p.m. Go back to the hotel at that point, freshen up in something a bit nicer than head back to MK for a few hours before your late reservation. Just a thought.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I'm originally from MN and now live in FL. I'm guessing that even though you were hoping not to avoid going back to the hotel, (I didn't see if you were staying on property), after a day in the park, a nice shower and a change of clothes will probably sound REALLY good come the day. There's a good chance that the weather will seem quite warm to you even in Sept. Besides, a break from all the hubbub of MK, will prepare you for a relaxing dinner. It was suggested to take your break around 4:00 PM. If you give yourself time to shower and change and get back to MK, you could do more relaxed things when you return to MK, and then head to the restaurant.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.