Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Priority Seating has a new name! in the Vacation Planning forums; Due to Guest confusion regarding the description "Priority Seating", between now and June 1 Walt Disney World Resort will use the terminology "Advanced Dining Arrangements". Beginning June 1, when systems ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Priority Seating has a new name!

Due to Guest confusion regarding the description "Priority Seating", between now and June 1 Walt Disney World Resort will use the terminology "Advanced Dining Arrangements". Beginning June 1, when systems enhancements allow for actual reservations, the terminology will be "Advanced Dining Reservations"

Thanks to Scott at pscalculator.net for the info!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I don't know about anyone else but "Advanced Dining Reservations" makes me more confused than "Priority Seating"

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I don't know about anyone else but "Advanced Dining Reservations" makes me more confused than "Priority Seating"
    I agree! Doesn't the word "Reservations" imply that something is arranged in "Advance"? Wouldn't "Dining Reservations" suffice?
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    How about...."hey.... did you hold my seat??" reservations...

Scottwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I thought the very same things everybody!

Just to clarify, the system does not change, just the name. ADR will still work like priority seating does now. I bet the CMs in the restaurants are going to love this.

Now, do I change the name of my site to ADR Calculator?
    Scottwdw

Sorcerer of the Amazing PS Calculator
    Picture This! Disney Photo Blog

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I think the new name is odd, confusing and clearly redundant.

OK. Let's break it down:

Advanced: Well of course it's advanced. It's made in advance of when you want to eat, right? You don't walk up to the podium and say, "I'd like to make an ADR for 5 second from now, please" do you?

Dining: Duh. You don't make a reservation to get your car washed, do you? No. pretty much just for dining. Other things are called "appointments"

Reservation: Odd, since Disney always has said that it's NOT a reservation. Plus, since reservations by definition are made in advance, you no longer need the first "Advanced"

So, the bottom line is... you're just making a RESERVATION, right?

Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Some companies do not like to use the word "reservation" as it has other connotations that offend certain groups in this country. Hopefully, Disney will continue to avoid reservations.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-23-2005 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    ...Years ago (like in 2004) I used to see the "reservation" trick used to exclude certain individuals and groups of individuals from hotels, motels, restaurants, etc.

...Hopefully, Disney will continue to avoid reservations.
    Ummm..... it still uses the word "Reservations" in the name, doesn't it? And what is the "trick" you are referring to that excludes "certain individuals", etc.?
    Lou Mongello

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Car Rental Assistant: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here, that's why you have the reservation!

Car Rental Assistant: I think I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    [QUOTE=AKQJ10]Ummm..... it still uses the word "Reservations" in the name, doesn't it?

Yes it does.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-24-2005 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.
    My wife is a travel agent and she just about fell on the floor when Jerry said this!
    Scottwdw

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwdw
    My wife is a travel agent and she just about fell on the floor when Jerry said this!
    Next to Disney, Seinfeld is a close second as far as favorite genres. Too funny.

It is amazing how even with a reservation (or purchase) sometimes you don't have a reservation. I don't quite understand how hotels, airplanes, doctors, and restaurants can get overbooked, but they do. Jerry nails things like this right on the head.
    Chris
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

PA. Chris is offline A-Ticket holder
    IS there any real difference between the Priority Seating and the Advanced Dining Reservation, or does it all depend on what your definition of "IS" is ?????

Quote Originally Posted by PA. Chris
    IS there any real difference between the Priority Seating and the Advanced Dining Reservation, or does it all depend on what your definition of "IS" is ?????
    None...just a change in the name. All rules apply for ADR as the did for PS.
    Scottwdw