Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss If you had to choose... in the Vacation Planning forums; ...between one of the port orleans resorts with the deluxe dining plan, or the beach club with the regular dining plan, which would you pick? I've used the dining plan ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

If you had to choose...

...between one of the port orleans resorts with the deluxe dining plan, or the beach club with the regular dining plan, which would you pick? I've used the dining plan before and its definetly enough food for me, but I'm not so sure about my bf...
    I've never stayed at either of these hotels but I would LOVE to stay at the beach club. Oh also, this trip isnt till 2011 (I REALLY like planning trips haha.. a bit of an over-planner) and there is a pretty good chance it will turn into a honeymoon teehee.
    Also, has anyone ever used the Premium or Platinum dining plans before? Based on my research they seem like theyre not really worth it even if i'm planning on doing a lot of the "extras" that they come with (like la nouba, parasailing, spa treatment). Anyways, I was just looking into a bit and I think I've already decided its not worth it but I just wanted to know if anyone has ever used it and thought it was worth it/not worth it.
    Thanks!

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: If you had to choose...

BEACH CLUB!!!

I would love to stay there too, and I think its wayyy better than port orleans. location is awesome of course and the pool is the best on property.

as for the meal plan, personally I think that the regular dining plan gives you plenty of food, I know I'm stuffed everyday lol. I've never done any other kinds of dining plans but I dont really think its necessary for my family at least.

hope this helps!
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder

btw... welcome to the boards!!!
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

Haha thanks... I've been listening to the show and "stalking" the boards for a year, I just havent posted anything until now. I've been to Disney World on 12 vacations, but only stayed at an actual disney resort once, which was Pop. I loved it... but Im thinking if this is potentially going to be a honeymoon (and at the very least an "I'm done 6 years of university" celebration trip) I should go all out.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Beach Club for sureeeee. I don't see the deluxe dining plan being worth it, due to not only money, but time as well. The only way to make it worth your money is to eat three sit down meals per day most likely, which means you be spending somewhere around 4 hours per day just eating! When I'm in the parks I wanna spend all the time doing attractions, walking around, taking pictures, etc. and four hours is a huge chunk of the day.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Two thumbs waaaaay up for Beach Club!!!

The Yacht & Beach Club Resorts are my favorite places to stay in ALL of Walt Disney World! Being able to walk from your resort to Epcot is such a TREAT! And the pool is like a small water park!

I am not a big fan of the Dining Plan (unless there's a free dining promotion!) --it is just way too much food for me (who eats dessert at the counter service places?).

I say spend the bucks at the Beach club!!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm going to go with everyone else and say BEACH CLUB!! I just can't see how one could eat 3 table service and 2 snacks each day - I can only imagine how I would feel walking around the parks in the heat if I ate like that. Being within walking distance to 2 parks is so AWESOME! The only drawback is, once you stay at a resort like the Beach Club, you won't want to stay anywhere else!
    ~Ashleigh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Beach Club. You'd spend to much time eating or making your way to your ressies. Not to say that Port Orleans isn't a good choice. Have stayed there and the sister resort PO Riverside often and they have their romance factor too, especially in the evening. But if it is an either or I'd go with less table service and the Beach Club.

Have Fun and welcome to the forum.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Stayed at the Beach Club Villas last October. That's the way to go. You won't regret it. We got to see Illuminations every night we there. We walked to Epcot and the Studios. Fantastic location.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Beach Club!!! Location, location, location.

Haha alright, I think its unanimous... Beach Club it is. My last trip in March I stayed off property and we only did one day at the Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot... and yet I ended up walking around the Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk resorts 4 different nights of the week haha. And ya I agree about the food... I think I was more thinking that if you have the deluxe you can combine meals and eat at some of the signature restaurants... but I think I would only do that for one or two meals so it would be cheaper to just pay those two meals extra. Three table service would be a lot of sitting down and eating... I would be way too anxious to go see the parks and also would probably end up having to be rolled around the parks after eating all that food haha

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Gotta go with the Beach Club hands down.
    Tim