Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Boma - good breakfast buffet? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have Boma on the list of new places for us to try- any good? Is the food really strange? Anything to avoid?...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

Boma - good breakfast buffet?

I have Boma on the list of new places for us to try- any good? Is the food really strange? Anything to avoid?

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Funny you ask. Just ate a Boma a few weeks ago for the first time and it was for breakfast. It is a regular breakfast buffet and has a great selection. Nothing strange to look out for. Still planning on lunch/dinner there one day.

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I hear dinner there is awesome, but has some strange items. Is that true? Can my cousin, who isn't very adventurous when it comes to eating going to like it there?

Now that I have went there for dinner I would choose breakfast over the two. I am a very picky eater. I am also not a big fan of many meats. Dinner did have a great selection and there was more than enough to eat.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I just made a PS for dinner there when we go in a couple of weeks (yeah!), as I've never actually eaten there before. Call it a "Research Meal"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The juice they serve is great!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Well I'm finally back home after vacation and 2 business trips - and since I started this thread - I thought I'd give our review:
    We went for breakfast three times- my husband loved the omelet station and I loved all the other stuff - great variety great service and the juice is awesome . we used our silver plan and that included smoothies - so we got them to go at the end of the meal to take to the parks with us . The evening buffet didnt appeal to us - too many unusual meats- my husband is adventurous - but not that much.

Overall we enjoyed it - otherwise we wouldnt have gone 3 times!!!

cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)

Thumbs up

For anyone who's thinking of trying Boma, I highly suggest eating there. Authentic African food, which I suppose some people could label "strange," but it's really delicious! I went for dinner last time I was at WDW, and I absolutely loved everything that I tried. (And I'm a vegetarian, so the only meat-type item that I ate was the salmon.) So good! (And they have some American food for children and the less adventurous.) Plus, you can't beat the atmosphere. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try! (Ok, now I feel like a spokesperson.)
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>