Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Best Meal and Snack Values with Dining Plan in the Vacation Planning forums; With the DDP being so popular, I thought it would be interesting to post what we thought were some of the best values in snacks, counter service and sit down ...
    chuckd3 is offline A-Ticket holder

Best Meal and Snack Values with Dining Plan

With the DDP being so popular, I thought it would be interesting to post what we thought were some of the best values in snacks, counter service and sit down meals. My 3 favorites for sit down are Yak and Yeti, Le Cellier and 'Ohana. Counter service would be Yak and Yeti and Pecos Bill's. Snack = Dole whip

Anybody else want to share their favorites?

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Best Meal and Snack Values with Dining Plan

You get the most out of your counter service credit at Cosmic Ray's in Tommorowland. They serve a rotisserie chicken and rib plate that is almost $15 if you were to purchase it. It comes with 2 veggies and of course dessert. It's really too much food, as a matter of fact!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Disnyfan83 View Post
    You get the most out of your counter service credit at Cosmic Ray's in Tommorowland. They serve a rotisserie chicken and rib plate that is almost $15 if you were to purchase it. It comes with 2 veggies and of course dessert. It's really too much food, as a matter of fact!

That's the kind of info that people can really use!!!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I like getting the Plato Combinacion from the Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico Pavillion... with Churros for dessert yum. And I agree with Yak and Yeti as both a counter and table service... probably my very favourite restaurant on property, and Ohana is just a ton of food... I definetly eat more there than any buffet, I'm not sure why. Also, when I stayed at Pop there were cheese fries and chili cheese fries that we could get as a snack with the dining plan, but it was definetly was big enough to eat for lunch. We saved a couple counter service credits (and used them for breakfast) that way... i bet other hotels have similar snack/lunch items.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

For CS, easily the best "bang for your buck" when comparing to what you would pay OOP is the Pepper Market. I would not eat here if it weren't for the DDP! Our average price for 2 adults at our other CS places was $30. At the Pepper Market it was $30. We always ordered whatever we wanted, we never worried about what would give us the best value.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

One of my favorite CS places is the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. The amount of food that I've receieved has been equal to what I've gotten at some TS restaurants. I love sitting in the patio, which more often than not, is completely empty. I generally visit in the Fall, and it's very nice to go when AK has evening EMH, and you can have a nice, private, romantic dinner of spare ribs.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

What time of day can you start making online dining reservations on the 90th day, 12:01am or 7am when you can make them by phone?

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Online at 6am, by phone 7am.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle