Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Character Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; Does any one have some suggestions for character experience i have already Akhers story time and CRT for breakfast but i was thinking of doing the mickeys BBQ and the ...
    bigyanks is offline C-Ticket Holder

Character Dining

Does any one have some suggestions for character experience i have already Akhers story time and CRT for breakfast but i was thinking of doing the mickeys BBQ and the crystal Palace?
    1989 - 1998 - Off Property
    August 2006 - Off Property
    May 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Dec. 2008 - All Star Movies - Engaged
    Dec. 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec. 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (new dvc members)
    August 2011 - Beach Club Villas
    Disney Dream Cruise
    September 2011 - Animal Kingdom Villas

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Character Dining

I really like Cape May Cafe for breakfast. Depends really on what kind of characters you want to see! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sorry, I don't have any experience at the two you mentioned, but I have done Donald's Breakfast o'saurus at AK several times and thought it was great. Standard breakfast fare, but a good assortment of characters. Liberty Tree Tavern in MK used to be a good spot and the characters spent quite a bit of time at the table; however, it's my understanding that this is no longer a character meal, which is sad because the meal itself isn't really a selling point, in my opinion.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I will echo kat228, Cape May is really great! And of course Chef Mickey's is awesome

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I loved Chef mickeys the best of the ones i've been to... they play music and come around and have fun... heres a picture of me last summer

krnelson65 is offline A-Ticket holder

I just did the Crystal Palace Saturday night and it was really great, and I did the Garden Grill Sunday night and that one was great too. At the Garden Grill, a lady came around and checked to make sure you had seen all 4 of the characters.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

the best character breakfasts are the Princess meal at Norway and 'ohana
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Chef Mickey is great, but it really depends on what characters you want to see. All Ears has a great page that lists the characters you get at each meal. (sorry, I don't have enough posts to link to the page yet and I won't post nonsense just to be able to put in a link) There are many that offer the "Big 3" or the Princess but only one that offers Pooh and the 100 Acre Woods gang or Mary Poppins. Once you decide who you want to see we can direct you to the best meal that features them.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurywaxing View Post
    Chef Mickey is great, but it really depends on what characters you want to see. All Ears has a great page that lists the characters you get at each meal. (sorry, I don't have enough posts to link to the page yet and I won't post nonsense just to be able to put in a link) There are many that offer the "Big 3" or the Princess but only one that offers Pooh and the 100 Acre Woods gang or Mary Poppins. Once you decide who you want to see we can direct you to the best meal that features them.
    I gotcha covered...

Character Dining Locations
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

We like Chef Mickey's, it is always a good time. Our last trip we did Ohana's for breakfast and loved it. My youngest DD had never seen Stitch or Lilo - her faves- so we went there for her. There was also Mickey, Pluto and I believe Minnie. Mickey's BBQ is one I would also like to try. Cape May Cafe, as stated above, is also a lot of fun!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

We usually do the Crystal Palace for breakfast at least once each trip. The characters (Pooh & friends) are good - lots of interaction time. The food is okay, standard breakfast fare. The sweet thing there is if you can manage an 8am ADR (both to get one & then to get up for it ) since the park normally opens at 9a you have eaten & are out just before they open the gates. Gets you a jump on the crowd & may let you get in 1 or 2 extra rides before the masses catch up to you.

We've done Garden Grill. We enjoyed our meal & the characters had a fair amount of time w/us (Mickey + Chip & Dale).

My Brother & SIL did the Princess breakfast @ Norway & their kids just loved it. Food was standard but the face time w/the princesses for the girls was priceless.
    Zima-Cheryl

We did the character breakfast at Tusker House and we loved it! I think it was the best of our last trip. We did Chef Mickey's, lunch at CRT and Akershus. The food at Tusker house was by far the best buffet presentation. Our reservations were at 1010 and we weren't seated until 1100 so we were allowed to have lunch when they changed over!

Character interaction was ok but my youngest daughter loved it since Daisy Duck was there.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

My two favorites are Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys, I have never had a bad meal at either of them and they are a lot of fun. Crystal Palace is nice because once you are done, you are right in MK and can start your day immediately. Ohana is also great for breakfast or dinner with Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Donald and such. In the mornings they do a parade with all the kids around the restaraunt.

Another good spot for dinner is 1900 Park Fare, but it is my understanding that it is all princess themed now...it used to be villians which was cool.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    My two favorites are Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys, I have never had a bad meal at either of them and they are a lot of fun. Crystal Palace is nice because once you are done, you are right in MK and can start your day immediately. Ohana is also great for breakfast or dinner with Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Donald and such. In the mornings they do a parade with all the kids around the restaraunt.

Another good spot for dinner is 1900 Park Fare, but it is my understanding that it is all princess themed now...it used to be villians which was cool.
    I wasn't real impressed with Chef Mickey's this time. Family loved it but I found the food to be just above Akershus this time. With free dining next time we'll try Crystal Palace, Ohana and Park Fare. I know Tusker House and 50's Prime Time have become must do's for us

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(

Mickey's BBQ was awesome!! lots of entertainment like line dancing and a bullwhip demonstration and of course dancing with the characters! The food was good too just like an all you can eat BBQ with chicken, beef, corn potatos and etc i highly recommend it!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast