Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Adr's in the Vacation Planning forums; I know ADR's are a must for things like hoop dee doo, crystal palace for breakfast, and some of the other more popular resturants but do you really need to ...
    GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Adr's

I know ADR's are a must for things like hoop dee doo, crystal palace for breakfast, and some of the other more popular resturants but do you really need to make one for every table service meal say like planet hollywood or garden grill during value or regular season..... what kind of wait time would I be looking at with no ADR

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Adr's

Well, it really matters on how many people you have. Me and my mom went to Disney World. And we almost never needed a ADR. We really only needed one for dinner at Crystal Palace. We were able to just walk right in for Planet Hollywood around 6:30 at night. There was a 15 minute wait for Coral Reef for lunch around 12. Yak and Yeti we went to the resturant at 10:40 in the morning and just got a ADR for 1:30 that day and we were fine. Same with liberty tree tavern, sci fi dine in. For House of blues we set a ADR at 4:30 for 7:30 that night. Now there were some places that said they were booked for ADR's when we called a day before we were gonna eat there. But, even if they say they are booked for ADR's you can probably still be able to eat there with even a small 10 minute wait or a 40 minute wait. So it really depends on how many people you have and where you are going to eat.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've been during value season and yup you need them for every restaurant. Many restaurants would turn people away without reservations and others would "accept" walk ups but you were looking at a 2 hour wait. We also were in line at Ariel's Grotto one late afternoon and overheard a family calling the reservation line only to be told there were no restaurants on property that had open reservations except 1 or 2 places and you would eat no earlier than 9:30.

Reservations can be a pain in the butt since you have to plan where you want to eat so far in advance but from what we have seen you have to make them or you are stuck with counter service day and night.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

Quote Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
    I've been during value season and yup you need them for every restaurant. Many restaurants would turn people away without reservations and others would "accept" walk ups but you were looking at a 2 hour wait. We also were in line at Ariel's Grotto one late afternoon and overheard a family calling the reservation line only to be told there were no restaurants on property that had open reservations except 1 or 2 places and you would eat no earlier than 9:30.

Reservations can be a pain in the butt since you have to plan where you want to eat so far in advance but from what we have seen you have to make them or you are stuck with counter service day and night.

See I went in June and me and my mom didn't really need a lot of reservations.

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

uh......... which one to believe

haha. well she might have a ton of people on her trip. when i only had two. she could be talking about chef mickeys and the really big name resturants where I'm talking about sci fi, liberty tree, yak and yeti. Well coral reef is a big name one. And she could have went july. I went June 18-25. so it can be different.

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hi!

During value times if there is free dining, yes you do need reservations. Probably not at Planet Hollywood but at other good Disney restaurants yes. The reason why is at free dining everyone is on the plan. The good restaurants go fast. So if you are going at a free dining time I would say definitely plan ahead.

Hope this helps!

Sharon

Yeah for dinner meals you do. But i think lunch most of the time you don't really need a ADR.

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hi!
    This is true!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

why not make a few ressies just to play it safe and leave other days open to winging it?
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder

We were a group of 2 in September. I was referring mainly to dinner but some breakfast times as well. No idea on lunch but I assume it is the same way since value season is when the dining plan is most popular.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!