Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Birthday dinner at Tappen Edo in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone celebrated their birthday with dinner at Tappen Edo?? Do they do anything special? We plan to inform them of the birthday girl when we check in but just ...
    Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

Birthday dinner at Tappen Edo

Has anyone celebrated their birthday with dinner at Tappen Edo?? Do they do anything special? We plan to inform them of the birthday girl when we check in but just curious what other peoples experiences have been. Or do you have any other suggestions for a good place to have a birthday dinner at EPCOT and why would you pick your suggested restaraunt.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Birthday dinner at Tappen Edo

First suggestion - don't wait until you check in. If you have an ADR put it on there ahead of time. CM's really pick up on that stuff.

At Crystal Palace we got confettie & streamers at the table, ages ago on our honeymoon we had a visit from "The Godfather" at our table over at Mama Melrose. Free sodas, candles in pancakes at breakfast...they get creative & do their best to make it special no matter where you go.

We celebrated our anniversary in Japan a few years ago - if I remember right that is the one w/the grill tables where the chef fixes your supper right there in front of you. That was a lot of fun & our chef was very funny & interacted a lot w/all of us at the table.

I called down ahead of time & ordered a special cake for our anniversary (I think it was only an extra $15 or $20). They had it waiting at the restaurant for us & even used the special cake topper I brought along that day. We had a small one -- just enough for everyone at our table. Everyone was surprised & happy to celebrate by sharing our cake w/us.
    Between the staff and the great folks at our table it was a fantastic evening & wonderful way to celebrate!
    Zima-Cheryl