Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is the best Character Meal at WDW?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Dining Discuss Best Character Meal in WDW? in the Vacation Planning forums; ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jbernardis is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the character meal at the Crystal Palace, but it was probably an unusual circumstance that makes me feel this way. Once we were at the MK and the rain started coming down in buckets. We were right outside the Crystal Palace and it couldn't have been any later that 4:00. We decided to go in get out of the rain and have an early dinner - no priority seating. There were are most 3 tables occupied - and this was in the summer season. The characters visited our table over and over again. They started playing practical jokes on one another - they were bored with no tables to work and we all had a great time. I try to go back every chance I get, but it's never been like that time.
    Jeff

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    From a money-saving aspect, we love the Character Sundae at the Garden Grill. It is offered in the afternoon for only $6.99. Our kids loved it! Normally when we go to a Character Meal, the kids are too excited to eat all of their meal. Not only is it cheaper, but it is not very crowded. We had the characters to ourselves many, many times. They kept coming around and just hung out.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I voted for Garden Grill but that was before the rehab. I have been to several and all have been really good. Looking forward to trying CRT and Crystal Palace next trip.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I voted for Chef Mickeys. Mainly because I have only been to 3 character meals and that was the best one. I liked Donald's breakfastasaurus (sp?), but I felt rushed and the layout of the place was not great, you had to go past the line to get to the back of the line. But the food was good.

1900 Park Faire for dinner was nice, we went mainly so that I could give a card my niece made to Cinderella. I was not impressed with the food however, and ate off the kiddie bar. The deserts were good though.

But Mickey's was the best - went for breakfast and even though we waited way past our PS time, we loved it!

Chip n Dale is offline A-Ticket holder
    Liberty Tree all the way for Character Dining!!! Of course, because I work there, AND the FOOD IS AWESOME!!!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I voted for Princess Breakfast at Akershus. It's the only one I've ever been to. The breakfast was awesome though!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    CHEF MICKEYS ALL THE WAY!!! I love having dessert for BREAKFAST! I even know the soundtrack by heart!!!!!!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    After having been to Chef Mickey's 3 times for Breakfast, they have the best breakfast around. I went to CP this year, cause i love it...but we ended up agreeing that C.M. is far better. CP dinner this year stunk
    Last edited by kellpooh; 09-22-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I went with Chef Mickey's, but I have to admit that my all-time favorite character meal will always be the breakfast aboard the Empress Lilly. It was a must-do when my family went each year. And maybe it's just me, but I wish Crystal Palace went back to the non-character buffet that it used to be. That was always our favorite meal and we would eat there every time we were in MK. Sometimes 3 or 4 times in one trip. Haven't been able to drag myself back since they switched it over. Too depressing...
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Chef Mickey's all the way! One of my favorite meals with or without characters, but especially with them! This July we celebrated my mom, sister, and my birthdays, so my dad was feeling kind of left out when they brought the cupcakes and placemats. My mom talked to the server while my dad was at the buffet, and she brought him half a cupcake and placemat, because it was also his "half birthday!" Wonderful food and wonderful service as well.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    We've only been to one and that was Donald's in AK. He is my fave character and so we really enjoyed it!! Mickey and the gang were also there too!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm a Chef Mickey's person through and through.
    They call me "Nana"

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I like th Garden Grill,Mickey, Pluto,Chip and Dale were the best.The food was great.The service was great.Mickey recommended drinks and seated us.Dale had on devil horns and drank our drinks pluto just happy,Chip took our bread.It was alot of fun.Then toward the end of our meal Dale came back and he had on wings and a halo.The food was outstanding.Dessert was out of the world good.

Not sure where to next.. ..

DisneyDude1977 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My vote went to the Crystal Palace. It makes me feel like a kid at heart, and breakfast there is a great start to my day, and dinner is a good start to my evening.
    WDW fan since 2002!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast