Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is the best Character Meal at WDW?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Dining Discuss Best Character Meal in WDW? in the Vacation Planning forums; I voted Crystal Palace because we love Pooh. However, we love the chefs at all the restaurants that we visited. My daughter is allergic to milk so we are just ...
    turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I voted Crystal Palace because we love Pooh. However, we love the chefs at all the restaurants that we visited. My daughter is allergic to milk so we are just impressed that they accomodate special needs so well. After reading everyone elses posts, we will definately try Chef Mickey's when we go back this year.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

magic123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that crystal palase is the best character place for the kids and the family with POOH, PIGLET, EYORE, RABBIT, AND TIGER.

chef mickies is also good and the food is great and the best part is if you go for your b-day they make you feel very welcome and comfortable
    Well if you disagree please reply

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I have to say Crystal Palace as well. Not a big Winnie the Pooh fan but must say I love the attetion my children get when they go there.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    I like Liberty Tree Tavern. Their food is really good.We ate there after the MVMCP parade this year then after the main course we went out to watch the fireworks and when we came back in the dessert was out and all the characters were waiting for us at our table.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I went to Cinderella's Royal Table two years ago on Christmas morning. It was so magical being in the castle on Christmas. The food was good but the atmosphere is what the breakfast is all about.

Liberty Tree Tavern is very close behind Crystal Palace for me. But we went to Chef Mickey's for the first time in December and it was great. We went for the latest breakfast reservation they would give us, which was 11:10. It was very cool because the place was practically empty by the time we sat down to eat. We got lots of visits from characters.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    We have been to EVERY Character Meal.... Chef Mickey is the BEST!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

minnieme is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree!
    MinnieMe

RedheadHokie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I chose Crystal Palace, but it was hard to pick just one. I love Winnie the Pooh and gang... and that fact that you can have breakfast in the shadow of Cindy's castle. However, we have enjoyed all of the meals that we have gone to - Chef Mickey (loads of birthday fun and yummy food), Storybook Princess (great setting and delicious food), Play 'n Dine (fine food and loads of interactive fun!), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast - good food, different characters) and dinner at Cindy's place (that was actually my least favorite).

We prefer to do our character greets in this manner... no lines and we never feel rushed and always take our time to take pictures, eat our fill, and enjoy. One thing I love to do is make our reservations for earlier than park opening or just at park opening so that we can go in ahead of the crowd and experience the quiet empty of the main streets... it's really cool!
    Half Marathon - 1/12/08!

"We are the Hokies! We will previal! We will prevail! We will prevail! We ARE Virginia Tech!"
    We remember - 4/16/07

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    -- Albus Dumbledore

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are...

RIP
    John B. Suddarth
    My Dad
    You are missed
    8 August 1931 - 1 January 2007

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadHokie View Post

We prefer to do our character greets in this manner... no lines and we never feel rushed and always take our time to take pictures, eat our fill, and enjoy. One thing I love to do is make our reservations for earlier than park opening or just at park opening so that we can go in ahead of the crowd and experience the quiet empty of the main streets... it's really cool!

We also enjoy doing our character greets this way for the same reason. I have never tried the reservations before park opening, but I think we may do that next visit. I would love to be on Main Street with very few people there.
    Walt Disney

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree!

This is by far the easiest way to get character attention for autographs and pictures without lines in the sun. Chef Mickey's is the best. Followed by Garden Grill and Princess Storybook in Epcot. We have done all meals that were available in 2005/2006 except Liberty Tree Tavern (ran out of time) and the Castle (no places left). All present good to great value and make the family take the time to eat in a refreshing enviroment. Only complaint is the photographers don't add to your photopass and the cost of getting them all is prohibitive (but they are so tempting).
    Kylee

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Crystal Palace gets my vote!!!!!!!!!
    It's a good thing!

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i'd say crystal palace for dinner and 1900 park fare for breakfast. we did chef mickey's too but i thought the food was a bit complicated for being so geared to kids. i'm a picky eater and i know a lot of kids are too, but there were maybe 3 thigns at the kids section (granted we were there at 9) and the rest of the stuff had weird glazes and stuff. the food at crystal palace was more simple and i think better tasting anyway.
    as far as characters go, its hard to say because all of them came over to see our guide dog. a lot depends on who you want to see.

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder

The Best CM...

That was really hard. I picked Chef Mickey's but I love so many of the character meals for different reasons....

When my son was younger, Crystal Palace was great and the food is good! Character time is short. The Pooh dance is nice.
    For character interaction time, we have always gotten more time at Cape May Cafe. And Goofy is the best!!!! Love you too Minnie!! The food is also very good and service is excellent.
    For more time we also like Garden Grill. Food is great and Pluto is always so funny!!
    If we want to see a princess you just can't beat CRT. Especially at Christmas. Food is good too.
    We like Akershus but the food isn't really what we like. The princess interaction has always been better at CRT.
    Chef Mickey's is just a blast!!! Character time is short and the food is good. And we like waving our napkins.
    We liked O'hana for b'fast because we wanted to see Stitch.

MINNIE07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi everyone,
    It's nice to read up on your input. We are going in 6 weeks!! I've never been to any character dinings at WDW and finally we decided to go with the dining plan and have a variety of charcter dinings planned- thanks for the input-one question, with reservations do we just walk in up to the host or wait in the non-reservation line?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast