Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 41st Wedding Anniversary in the Vacation Planning forums; Our 41st wedding anniversary is 12/26/09. We will be at WDW from 12/23/09 through 12/28/09. We will be on the DDP. Any suggestions for the best places to have Christmas ...
    chuckd3 is offline A-Ticket holder

41st Wedding Anniversary

Our 41st wedding anniversary is 12/26/09. We will be at WDW from 12/23/09 through 12/28/09. We will be on the DDP. Any suggestions for the best places to have Christmas Dinner and dinner for our Anniversary on 12/26?

Re: 41st Wedding Anniversary

First and foremost.... congratulations on 41 years of marriage! That is an amazing milestone, especially in this day and age. I hope that the two of you have an magical anniversary vacation at WDW! How wonderful to be there for Christmas and your anniversary...IMHO it's the most beautiful place to be at Christmastime!

I don't think that there is any place in particular that serves a special Christmas dinner. The closest thing you would probably come to that would be to have the turkey dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom.

I would place more importance on your anniversary dinner and make that your special night. Two places that I would highly recommend would be Narcoossee's (at Grand Floridian) and Artist Point (at Wilderness Lodge).

If you go to Narcoossee's request a window table for a beautiful view of the lagoon and the MK! The food here is wonderful and the desserts they make are gorgeous!

Artist Point is one of my favorite restaurants on property and the food is superb! You really can't go wrong with this restaurant!

Both of these choices are 2 table service credits each, but completely worth skipping a sit down meal on another day to make it work.

No matter what you decide I'm sure everything will be wonderful, afterall....you will be at the most magical place on earth during the most magical time of the year with the person who has been by your side for 41 years of your life! Enjoy!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

No matter where you dine, make sure that it's part of your dining reservation that you are celebrating such an aspictious occassion. It's a busy time of year, so don't panic if your 1st or 2nd choices aren't available. There are very few restaurants on property that aren't worth your time and money. Enjoy.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Happy Anniversary!!

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary down at Disney in just 10 days!!!

We are eating at Jiko, Le Cellier, Les Chef de France, 50's Prime Time, Narcoosee's, Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose's and California Grill. Be sure when you make your reservations that every restaurant knows it's your anniversary!!!

Have fun!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You already have plenty of great suggestions... I just want to say congratulations!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Congrats!
    And I'd recommend Jiko or Citricos.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well congratulations. We spent our 25th wedding anniversary there last year. Not a better place to take your loved one for a special Anniversary. Artist Point is my choice if you enjoy a bit of a break from the full-out magic. Their food is excellent.

We one year ate Christmas Dinner at Hoop-de-doo Review. It was excellent way to celebrate Christmas. The campgrounds are wonderfully decorated at that time of the year.

We Had Christmas breakfast that year at Ohanans at the Poly then went to Epcot for the day via monorail. Monorailed back to the Contemporary and boated to the Campground for dinner.
    Perfect day.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 09-14-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Tigger59 is offline A-Ticket holder

Congratulations!

If Tutto Italia is still open (they're closing some time in the near future for renos), I'd go there. We ate there during our recent visit (Aug 30-Sep 8) and had one of the best meals at WDW. Of course, the bottle of Italian wine we ordered made the meal even better!

Be sure to wear your anniversary pins! We also celebrated our anniversary (#20 on July 2) and were given a red rose at check-in, champagne twice and balloons!

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Victoria and Albert's is the ultimate Disney dining experience but it sure is expensive if that matters.
    Tim

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

If you're into all you can eat, I truly can't brag up Ohana enough! Le Cellier is delicious, and I'm gonna agree with Melis on Artist's Point. Jiko also has a unique environment as well.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Have a wonderful time. I would think that Victoria and Alberts would be the ultimate dining experience but you may want to check out all the menus to get an idea of food and prices and what appeals to you both......Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!