Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done with Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet in Norway, Epcot recently? I am planning a trip for June 2010 with two of my best friends from ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus

Has anyone done with Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet in Norway, Epcot recently? I am planning a trip for June 2010 with two of my best friends from high school and we are all really big princess fans. I thought I might surprise them (or maybe tell them about it six months before, because I'm really excited and can't keep a secret) with a character dining experience. We are not going to be using a dining plan as of right now. I believe the price for lunch is around $36 a person, anyone know what the price of dinner is? I've seen the menu for both, and they both look good, but what would you recommend? Is the food as good as it sounds? How is the meet-n-greet? I'm just wondering if it is going to be worth the cost. Remember that we don't have any children, it will just be three adults. Thank you for your imput.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus

Never done it, but the site that I'm looking at has lunch priced at $30.99 and dinner as $35.99
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

We took our daughters there last year. We loved it. The food is good, I recommend the meatloaf type dish. There is an appetizer buffet that I HIGHLY recommend. It gives you the chance to try some traditional Norwegian cuisine but also includes a couple of salads, sliced meats and cheeses. The character interaction is good and you get the picture with Belle when you enter.

For girls that are princess fans, it is not to be missed. It is cheaper than CRT and the food is better as well.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I have done it twice. While I did not think the food was all that great, although I did like the cold salad bar, meeting the princesses was the real point for my DDs. That part was nice. Check allears.net for updates on pricing to include Special Holiday Pricing, which is a little extra cost during different times of the year.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

We went a couple of years ago with no kids and it was great! The princesses were fun and chatted to us for ages. Food was ok, but no-where near as good as other places in WS.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Is there a better restaurant you would recommend with princess type characters? 1900 Park Fair maybe? Or maybe a non-character dining, would you suggest for three 23 year olds for a nice lunch or dinner. We most likely will not be on the dining plan and will try to eat cheap most of our trip to cut down the cost. I thought we should slurge on one sit-down dining as something special. One has been down multiple times a year, and one hasn't been in six years. I was in WDW last March, but only for a couple of days in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort