Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Shula vs Yachtsmans in the Vacation Planning forums; I have 2 ADR's for about the same time on a Friday coming up (I"ll cancel one). One for Shula's Staeakhouse and the other for Yachtsmans. I'm not part of ...
    mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Shula vs Yachtsmans

I have 2 ADR's for about the same time on a Friday coming up (I"ll cancel one). One for Shula's Staeakhouse and the other for Yachtsmans. I'm not part of any dinning plan.

Anyone been to both, if so which do you prefer and why? I'm not concerened with cost, just looking for the better expereince & meal.

Thanks

Soarin' Over PA is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Shula vs Yachtsmans

I have been to both and i have to say that if your wiling to pay a little extra money shula's definitly is a better quality but it also is a chain restaurant that you could eat at in other places. Yachtsman is almost just as good but i think it provides a better overall experience. The service is better and the enviroment is just much more friendlier. So i guess if i had to pick one id say yachtsman.
    “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

dmbcrush5 is offline A-Ticket holder

I've been to both a number of times and would pick Shula's hands down. The Shula's menu is much more extensive, because it hasn't been whittled down due to the dining plan. The food at both is great, but the variety and size of the portions is what puts Shula's over the top for me.

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

Shula's is the better restaurant. But there's something about the Yachtsman's atmosphere I like better. I just fee more Disney, know what I mean?

I found out there's a Shula's nearby here in Baltimore. I may stick to going to Shula's here for special occasions, and do Yachtsman at WDW!
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I have not been to either, but I'd pick Yachtsman. A common complaint about Shula's is the lighting, it's very dim in there. Also, the steaks at Shula's are huge. I just can't eat that much! It's also an a la carte menu, so you'd be paying for large sides. If you're going with just one other person, hope you can agree on what side to get. I'd try Shula's once, but I have Yachtsman higher on my list.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

hbk1313 is offline A-Ticket holder

I had the best steak of my life at Shula's in Baltimore. I have been to the WDW location and it enjoyed it both times.

Shula's is on the level with Morton's, Ruth Chris, etc.

cpdwiz is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by mpd49 View Post
    I have 2 ADR's for about the same time on a Friday coming up (I"ll cancel one). One for Shula's Staeakhouse and the other for Yachtsmans. I'm not part of any dinning plan.

Anyone been to both, if so which do you prefer and why? I'm not concerened with cost, just looking for the better expereince & meal.

Thanks
    We went to both this past may...Here is our review:

Yachtsman, the staff went out of their way to treat us great...I had a Disneyflorist delivery brought to Jessica during the meal, and they were awesome...The steaks were fabulous, and the appetizers, the pan seared scallops were out of this world!! Worth every penny of the $175 we spent..

At Shulas, we got in with no reservations on a Saturday. Very plush inside, the staff was great...The food was also out of this world, and worth the $200.

Bottom line, DO BOTH if you can They are both great restaurants!! Worth the money to dine there.....
    Mike & Jessica
    2007 Year of a Million Dreams DVC Grand Prize Winners