Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Vacation Planning forums; Looking for any input on dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We have never been over to the Wilderness Lodge and I thought that this would be a good way to ...

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Looking for any input on dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We have never been over to the Wilderness Lodge and I thought that this would be a good way to check it out. Would appreciate any positive or negative feedback for anyone who has eaten here before!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    pretty good, wife and i were there a couple times, because it we were staying at the Lodge.

very quirky, lots of fun, definitely recommend if you are going with children. food is good, not great, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    pretty good, wife and i were there a couple times, because it we were staying at the Lodge.

very quirky, lots of fun, definitely recommend if you are going with children. food is good, not great, but good.
    Thanks for the info...will be going with 3 children, including my oldest who will be turning 40!!!! Do you know if this is the place that if you ask for a large tea...or drink that they bring you a HUGE drink????

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    from what i've seen and read about it, it seems to be a very fun place. we are planning on having our 1st dinner there when we come down-if it entertains my 2 yr old so i can eat it will be worth any price...lol
    Check out www.allearsnet.com and look under the Wilderness Lodge section to find some of the neat things they supposedly do there

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Wish

When I went in February, I used one of my wishes to eat here. While it was just us 2 adults, they sat us back by the fireplace as opposed to the big room with all the families.
    Our waiter played around with us some, throwing about 20 straws at me when I asked for one. It seemed the kids LOVED the activities going on in this place. Don't think you are going to have some romantic dining experience here though.
    We did not order the skillet, but dinners. I had some sort of roasted chicken and it was AWESOME! My friend had the porkchops and she saidd they were divine! Our deserts were yummy too!
    So, I thought it was good food and a fun atmosphere. I enjoyed the opportunity to check out the resort as well.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    wife and i had the all you can eat skillet for dinner and breakfast (separate days). two of the things i remember seeing was someone asking for ketchup, and everyone in the place brought their bottles to the table. someone else asked for it later, and the previous table got up and brought every single bottle over to the new table, with the wait staff yelling at them to move it.

also, saw a boy, guessing about 10 or 11, who was celebrating his birthday. they made a hat for him out of a napkin, gave him a wooden horse (the one on the pole), and had him run around galloping singing happy birthday to himself as a waiter chased behind him snapping a towel at him yelling to go faster and sing louder.

even if you are not part of the entertainment, it still is just as entertaining to observe.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We ate at Whispering Canyon when we stayed at WL a few years ago. The food was good and it was fun to watch the "entertainment." They had a "horse race" with kids on stick horses among other things. Including making me stand on my chair while everyone sang happy bday to me. Thankfully they didn't give me a stick horse to ride around (I still need to get even with DW for that one.....). We had a window seat so we had a nice view of the outdoors and could watch everything inside if we wanted. It's a lot of fun and I'd love to go back.
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I will be going here for the first time on my coming trip--I will report upon return.

lsutiger516 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been there once. It is a VERY loud, exciting restaurant. We had a great time eating there!
    lsutiger516

Check out my site at:

Four Parks. One World.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We ate her on our trip and had a great time!! Lots of entertainment----if you are in a bad mood--do not go!! they are loud and fun!!

Brewski is offline A-Ticket holder
    The beer cheese soup is amazing there.
    60% of the time it works everytime

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Went there tonight for dinner. It was a lot of fun. MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR THE KETCHUP! Also when they give you twenty straws put all of them in one drink and ask for more. Our waitress was really thrown off by that.
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WARNING SPOILER

We hit this on our last nite at Disney...OMG it was so much fun...my DD got to be in the pony race( I went with her -she is only 2 1/2 and kept her at the back) People were loving her because she was bringing up the tail end(get it tail-pony-sorry lame i know..lol) and saying HOP HOP with her earless pony who was named Candy Cane after one of the wait staff. The kids go around the room once and then have to do a pledge that includes encouraging them to jump on beds, hiding their veges under their napkins and promising NEVER NEVER NEVER to go to Universal....LMMEO...SOOOO FUNNY. The kids receive a ceritficate for participating.

One of the funniest things was when my DD wanted a spoon(they dont have them in the table settings) her face when the waittress brought out a giant one was priceless. I couldn't tell if she was amused or confused by it. The waitress even laughed at her.

Majorly liked the potatoes YUM.

If you get the meal plan and can't find room for dessert, you can get it to go(since its paid for already) along with the leftovers of your meal.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I loved getting the 3 foot straws in my mason jar of water! And, as a victim of the Birthday ride, I was gratified that our server required another lady to ride with me since she was on the cell phone while dining with her family!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    LOVE this restaurant! The food is sooooooooo good. We ate there quite a bit last year during our stay at WL. Cousin Katie's French Toast is delicious. I liked the pasta for dinner..cant remember what its called but it was in some kind of a spicy cream sauce. The best dinner is the steak! And you MUST get the Apple Pie for desert!
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009