Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Healthy Dining Guide in the Vacation Planning forums; Attached is a list of restaurants offering a selection of healthier fare on their regular menu. Please note, nearly all table service restaurants will accomodate offer alternative options with 24-48 ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Healthy Dining Guide

Attached is a list of restaurants offering a selection of healthier fare on their regular menu. Please note, nearly all table service restaurants will accomodate offer alternative options with 24-48 hours notice. Please feel free to post any additions or comments to my list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dusten; 03-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Healthy Dining Guide

For those who may have special dietary needs, i.e. gluten free, have other food allergies, or require Kosher meals, they can call (407)939-3463 or (407)824-5967 to discuss their needs with a WDW Food & Beverage Team cast member. They can also email SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com. The Cast Member will give you the dining location phone number(s) which you should call at least 72 hours in advance to discuss your dietary requests directly with the manager or chef. All WDW table service restaurants that accept reservations can accommodate most food allergies and food intolerances if requested at least 72 hours in advance. Kosher meals can be requested at least 24 hours in advance.

Table Service:
    • Sanaa, Kidani Village, Animal Kingdom Lodge: Mustard Seed Crusted Scallops, Salad Sampler, Tandoori Chicken or Shrimp with rice
    • Teppan Edo, Japan, Epcot: Hibachi-style cooking. Consider fish or chicken with veggies.
    • Yak and Yeti, Animal Kingdom: Miso Salmon, Mandarin Chicken Salad
    • Kouzzina, Boardwalk: Kouzzina Sampler (Choice of two skewers with Marinated Olives, Spiced Cashews, Dolmades, Tzatziki, Hummus, and Grilled Pita), Fisherman’s Stew, Spiced Briami
    • The Wave, Contemporary Resort: Seasonal Vegetable Stew or Linguini with Clams and Red Sauce
    • Tusker House, Animal Kingdom: Tofu, Chicken, Salmon, Rice, Veggies
    • Tokyo Dining, Japan, Epcot: Sushi, Chicken, Steak, Veggies, Rice
    • Marrakesh, Morocco, Epcot: Chicken Kebabs, Fish Tangine, Salmon

Counter Service:
    • Tangierine Café, Morocco, Epcot: Veggie Platter, Mediterranean wraps and salads, Couscous, Tabouleh
    • Sunshine Seasons, The Land, Epcot: Soups, Salads, Noodle Bowls with Stir-fried Veggies, Roasted Meats, Oatmeal
    • Cosmic Ray’s, Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom: Turkey and Bacon Wrap, Veggie wrap/burger
    • Sleepy Hollow, Magic Kingdom: Chicken and Rice Soup
    • Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, Magic Kingdom: Steamed Broccoli, Noodle Bowls, Tofu
    • Tamu Tamu, Animal Kingdom: Tuna salad pita, Turkey and swiss on Focaccia
    • Flame Tree BBQ, Animal Kingdom: Turkey sandwich
    • Starring Rolls and Backlot Express, Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Grilled veggie sandwich, Southwest salad with chicken
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

I would like to add Tangerine Cafe in Morocco pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase. Their "vegetable platter" was one of the best vegetarian dishes I have tasted.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

From All Ears hears:

... from R S: My husband has to eat gluten-free (GF), and Disney's Special Diets division assured me that Via Napoli serves GF pastas. Upon arrival at Via Napoli, the manager told us that they do have GF pasta, but that it is prepared with all the other pastas "and flour is flying everywhere." He also said that they add "a pinch" of wheat flour to the marinara sauces for thickening, so that also is not an option for GF diners. There were also salads on the menu, but Via Napoli only provides its house dressing, which is not gluten-free. They did not even have oil and vinegar. So... there was really nothing appetizing that my husband could eat there! He did take a chance on the pasta, asking them to try very hard to not cross-contaminate it. It was a small dish of penne pasta with butter that he had to pay $20 for. All this to say, if you are following a strict gluten-free diet, do not include Via Napoli on your list of potential dining options.