Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss New Pizzeria in Italy in the Vacation Planning forums; A few days ago WDW confirmed that a new Italian Pizzeria will be added in the Italian Pavillion at Epcot. Apparently there will be authentic Italian pizza at affordable prices ...
    Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

New Pizzeria in Italy

A few days ago WDW confirmed that a new Italian Pizzeria will be added in the Italian Pavillion at Epcot. Apparently there will be authentic Italian pizza at affordable prices and this will be constructed next to the current reastaurant. what does everyone think?
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: New Pizzeria in Italy

I think it's about time. What took so long? Hopefully it really will be good pizza because WDW really lacks in that department.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I read that this week in the All Ears Newsletter.

From Disney Mike here is the link to the story and the pictures of
    where it is in Italy along with construction pictures.

Napoli Pizzeria Coming to Italy in Epcot (DizneyMike?s World)

Wonder what Disney considers affordable for a pizza. Hope they taste better than the Frisbees at DHS.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    A few days ago WDW confirmed that a new Italian Pizzeria will be added in the Italian Pavillion at Epcot. Apparently there will be authentic Italian pizza at affordable prices and this will be constructed next to the current reastaurant. what does everyone think?
    I have no hope for authentic... That "Gelato" they attempt to pass off as authentic Got to be worst stuff ever!

However, I think it's a great idea because Epcot needs more places to eat and the kids will love it!

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I think it's about time. What took so long? Hopefully it really will be good pizza because WDW really lacks in that department.
    I disagree! I think Disney has mastered the personal pizza.
    Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this new addition. My goal each time I go to Disney World is to eat at as many places that I've never been to before as possible. So this will definitely go on the list for my next trip!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Epcot89 is offline A-Ticket holder

I hope this really is good. If it's authentic pizza such as found in Naples though, some may be disappointed. Usually, Napoli pizza includes just cheese, sauce, basil, and mushrooms (some combination of these) cooked in a wood burning oven. They are excellent all the same.

Mike
    St. Louis, MO
    DVC Member since '08

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

That's sounds really good, I'm looking forward to that.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

I was reading a release about this and Disney is going to be importing water from an area close to Naples, Italy to make the dough with. The water should really help since water and air moisture are two big things when it comes to the taste of dough. I'm curious to hear reviews after it's opened, though a lot of Americans will probably think it's not good without mounds of toppings. oh well....

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I hail from No. IL and we are fortunate to have some word renowned pizza establishments up here. My family and I have tossed soooo many Disney pizzas from Momma's, hotel fare and the famous Frisbees from Pizza Planet at DHS.

I'm hoping they will be great from Italy and offer both types of pizzas to satisfy everyone's preferences. But they had better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I disagree! I think Disney has mastered the personal pizza.
    Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this new addition. My goal each time I go to Disney World is to eat at as many places that I've never been to before as possible. So this will definitely go on the list for my next trip!
    Oh Bety you scare me. It looks like my DD will be at Tulane and if you believe Disney has perfected pizza, what will we be in for in NOLA??

I'll have to be shipping her Lou Magnate's Pizza from Chicago and should ship one for you too! Your Pizza life will never be the same.

and let us not forget Geno's. 10,000 just shipped to our soldiers in Iraq for Super Bowl Sunday.
    They knew where to ship them from and it wasn't Disney World.

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I have no hope for authentic... That "Gelato" they attempt to pass off as authentic Got to be worst stuff ever!

However, I think it's a great idea because Epcot needs more places to eat and the kids will love it!
    I have no hope for authentic. My question would be what do they mean by authentic? Neapolitan? Lazio? Sicilian? There are just too many varieties. I'm guessing they will go on a variation of Neapolitan. That is what most Americans are used to.

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    I was reading a release about this and Disney is going to be importing water from an area close to Naples, Italy to make the dough with. The water should really help since water and air moisture are two big things when it comes to the taste of dough. I'm curious to hear reviews after it's opened, though a lot of Americans will probably think it's not good without mounds of toppings. oh well....
    Pizza made with imported water? People say that Disney has ridiculous food prices now!

Water is very important to dough, as stated by an earlier poster. That's why bagels outside of NYC just aren't the same, and why pizza outside of Worster St. in New Haven, CT does't do the trick. But just as important to pizza is the sauce and cheese quality.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this!!

Quote Originally Posted by mercurywaxing View Post
    I have no hope for authentic. My question would be what do they mean by authentic? Neapolitan? Lazio? Sicilian? There are just too many varieties. I'm guessing they will go on a variation of Neapolitan. That is what most Americans are used to.
    I'm a Sicilian girl myself (both of descent and pizza type)... I do eat other types, but I vastly prefer a Sicilian pie.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh Bety you scare me. It looks like my DD will be at Tulane and if you believe Disney has perfected pizza, what will we be in for in NOLA??
    Haha, thankfully NOLA is not famous for its pizza, so you can trust me when I saw that the food here is AMAZING!
    And, a small correction- Disney has not mastered pizza, just the PERSONAL pizza. I've had plenty of better pizzas at other places, but not a tiny pizza that I can eat in one sitting. It's different I promise, haha.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I'm not sure adding a new Pizzeria is the cure for subpar pie at WDW. From what I understand it's the FL water that is the problem. I hear it's not very good for making crust. Of course that's not much of an excuse for the sauce, cheese and toppings. I do know that when you get back from a long park day and hit the food court, even that pizza tastes good to the whole family.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm hoping for authentic pizza. There is nothing like an old world pie...
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast