Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss One more for dining...? in the Vacation Planning forums; Scenario: a party of 4 has, long ago, booked ADRs and at the last minute decided to add another adult to the trip. Q: Would modifying the reservations to add ...
    VivaWDW.com is offline B-Ticket Holder

Post One more for dining...?

Scenario: a party of 4 has, long ago, booked ADRs and at the last minute decided to add another adult to the trip.
    Q: Would modifying the reservations to add the adult be accommodated when checking in or turned away? Maybe the ADR nullified and considered a walk-in?

Has anyone had to do this? I suspect that the dining plan also factors into the answer. Thanks!
    Mario P.
    o VivaWDW.com : My Personal/Random WDW Musings o

5/'11 :9 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    6/'10 :8 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    8/'09 :7 Days @ All Star Movies - Toy Story
    10/'07 :6 Days @ All Star Movies - Fantasia | MNSSHP
    10/'06 :5 Days @ All Star Movies - Dalmations | MNSSHP

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: One more for dining...?

I don't know for sure, but I would be REALLY surprised if adding one person would be a problem of any kind. How hard is it to throw an extra chair on the end of the table? Plus... It's Disney...!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Actually it could be a problem. A table for 4 is different than a table for 5. While it is true they could just add one more, many places won't. When in doubt, I think it is better to call and see what they want you to do. We had some table for 3 and adding another but I remember the lady telling me that adding more than one to that table would have been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Actually it could be a problem. A table for 4 is different than a table for 5. While it is true they could just add one more, many places won't. When in doubt, I think it is better to call and see what they want you to do. We had some table for 3 and adding another but I remember the lady telling me that adding more than one to that table would have been a problem.
    Consider me surprised...

Make that REALLY surprised...

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Just ask Len Testa, it's probably no problem at all.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Consider me surprised...
    I was surprised myself. I was trying to go from 2 to 3 and had problems. Went from 6 to 7 and had problems. Went from 4 to 5 no problem. Maybe it is just the CMs I had.

Now that it is online, I don't know what issues there might be.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaWDW.com View Post
    Scenario: a party of 4 has, long ago, booked ADRs and at the last minute decided to add another adult to the trip.
    Q: Would modifying the reservations to add the adult be accommodated when checking in or turned away? Maybe the ADR nullified and considered a walk-in?

Has anyone had to do this? I suspect that the dining plan also factors into the answer. Thanks!
    We did this very thing on our last trip! We had an ADR for lunch at CRT. It was my daughter's birthday and my SIL came down from St. Augustine to celebrate with us. I told the CM when I checked in that we needed to add one more person and all she said was to make sure that our whole party was together when my name was called. There was no fuss at all. This was during free dining too and they were able to accommodate us.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

I sure hope that my experiences were unique then! Can't hurt asking- that's for sure!

Wow , thank you all for such great insight. This is really the kind of thing that just happens and I couldn't just look up.

I certainly hope that I don't end up with this probem but if I do, it will be because my sister changes her mind and decided to tag along with us (and that's not such a bad thing). The room will certianly accomodate 1 more adult but the ADRs were a concern and I won't know until the last minute.
    Mario P.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I would call and see if you could modify the ADR to a party of 6. A party of 5 is crammed into a table for 4. I found it is better to make an ADR for 6 with our family of 5. If you make the change when you walk up, then you should not have a problem, but will be seated at your original table with an extra chair.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I would call and see if you could modify the ADR to a party of 6. A party of 5 is crammed into a table for 4. I found it is better to make an ADR for 6 with our family of 5. If you make the change when you walk up, then you should not have a problem, but will be seated at your original table with an extra chair.
    I tried this. I first checked with the concierge desk at Pop Century and they tried to force add a person to our reservation and they couldn't. She gave me every phone number they had to the CRT reservation desk. She even told me the best times to call to avoid the meal rushes because the CM's would be more helpful if they can focus on you. I called numerous times and left messages but no one called me back. I checked at the concierge desk again and they told me to show up early at CRT and explain the situation. We had no problem at all. Maybe it depends on how things are running that day.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

My advice is to try to make a new reservation for the correct number of people. If you can't, show up early, let the CMs know that you need to add one more person. If you show up early, they're more likely to be able to work with you.

My cousin was a Hostess at Mama Melrose and the above advice is what she told me. She also said, "It's a lot easier for us to make changes than using the system."

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Don't you love when the answer is "it depends?" Yet that is what the answer is.

Sometimes the table can only fit a particular amount of people. Think about your more crowded restaurants, like San Angel Inn. They can't add another chair to those tables. But some of the less crowded ones may, depending on where the table is located.

A general rule of thumb is that moving from an odd to an even number is easier than going from even to odd. Three people are seated at tables meant for 4. Five people often are at tables set up for 6. Two people are at tables meant for 2 and it's hard to add another seat.

Sometimes another table will be available. Sometimes another won't. It's not because they don't want to fit you - after all one more person means one more meal and a little more money. They sometimes just can't.

Thanks to all the additional replies, I appreciate the practical responses!
    Mario P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast