Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Finally I can Plan! in the Vacation Planning forums; YEY!! after years of trying to get him to go back to WDW my husband has finally suggested that we go for 2 weeks over Christmas and new year. My ...
    Jenocallaghan is offline A-Ticket holder

Finally I can Plan!

YEY!! after years of trying to get him to go back to WDW my husband has finally suggested that we go for 2 weeks over Christmas and new year.

My mum will be coming with us as my dad will most likely be in Azerbajan but she goes for 6 weeks every summer so Christmas should be special.

My mum and I have been at Christmas before (awesome) but my hubby hasnt.

My question is this..... My hubby and I are biiiiiiiig foodies and whilst i have a good idea of nice places to go (california Grill etc) i would love it anyone had a suggestion for christmas day dinner, probably in a resort rather than a park.

last time for christmas day we did the grand floridian cafe (2002) which was nice but i have heard mixed reviews since then.

Any help and ideas appreciated, thanks, jen x

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Finally I can Plan!

We did Christmas Eve Dinner at Chef Mickey's

And Hoop-Dee-Doo for Christmas Dinner, it was away from the crowds and they have or at least did a special Christmas Show.

Word to the wise, get the ADR's set the moment your window opens, they go fast for Christmas through New Years.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We had a really nice meal at Citrico's in the Grand Floridian, it wasn't at Christmas but I would imagine it would be really nice for Christmas. Of course for the ultimate foodies, Victoria and Alberts would be the way to go.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow, you are so lucky getting to go at Christmas. I work retail and no time off after November 1st. I'm so jealous!!!! We had a fantastic dinner at yachtsmans steakhouse in September but I'm not sure about Christmas, but it was excellent. Have fun, Dave.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband and I just got back and had a fabulous meal at Jiko, in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Can't recommend it enough. We also had a chance to eat at California Grill, again, a really great choice.