Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss The Galloping Gorumand Sip and Snack #2: The Fountain View Sweet Treats in the Vacation Planning forums; (weeks that I don't have time to do a real review I'll be posting about one of my favorite "hidden" or not so hidden snack spots.) It never fails. Right ...
    mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

The Galloping Gorumand Sip and Snack #2: The Fountain View Sweet Treats

(weeks that I don't have time to do a real review I'll be posting about one of my favorite "hidden" or not so hidden snack spots.)

It never fails. Right after Illuminations a mass of people head out of Epcot via the International Gateway going to the Boardwalk for food, fun, and a walk around the lake. It's warm, and it's the perfect time for Ice Cream. But Beaches and Cream fills up faster than you can say "kitchen sink" and the windows both there and at Shore Sweets over at the Boardwalk have huge lines. There is still a hidden place to go for those "in the know." They lines are usually short, and it's part of the walk if you are walking the circle. A little hidden ice cream and shake treasure just to the left when you enter the Dolphin is The Fountain Sweet Treats.

The Fountain is a pretty good diner type sit down establishment (I'll review it one day) that has a wonderful soda fountain and ice cream serving station. They serve Hershey's ice cream which takes me on a nostalgic trip back to my college days just outside of Hershey's PA when we would road-trip to Hershey Park. Well, not the park. We were poor but they had a dark ride there called "Hershey's Chocolate World" that we would ride on over and over again. Yeah, we were pretty wild!

The variety of smoothies and shakes at The Fountain Sweet Treats is much better than Shore Sweets or Beaches and Cream. Among the offerings PB&J Shakes topped with Reeses Pieces. The jelly is actually strawberry topping, and it's a delicious combination with the peanut butter ice cream. I love the Cheesecake Shake, which is your choice of swirl with cheesecake ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry. Caramel is my first choice, but the hot fudge is wonderful if you need a chocolate fix. There is also a Chocolate Raspberry Torte shake that I won't tell you about but urge you to have yourself.

While you walk back to your room or to catch the bus to Downtown Disney and back to your resort stop in front of the poor people at the other two establishments. Enjoy your ice cream. It's worth the trip.

Until next time "Hi ho eaters! Away!"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: The Galloping Gorumand Sip and Snack #2: The Fountain View Sweet Treats

That is a great suggestion you have and one I'll do on next trip!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: The Galloping Gorumand Sip and Snack #2: The Fountain View Sweet Treats

We did Chocolate World once and then got picked out to do a product tasting...so cool. I <3 Chocolate World!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle