Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss First Time to Tusker House in the Vacation Planning forums; I just recently made an 11:35 reservation for Tusker House at Animal Kingdom on April 10, in hope's that we'll be there for the Meet of the Month. There is ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

First Time to Tusker House

I just recently made an 11:35 reservation for Tusker House at Animal Kingdom on April 10, in hope's that we'll be there for the Meet of the Month. There is still a possibility that we won't be able to make it and we'll have to cancel our ADR, but I wanted to look forward and ask what everyone thought of Tusker House.

I've heard only good things about it, but I've never eaten there myself, though I've eaten at its close "cousin" Boma. I'm just curious what everyone thought and if there's anything on the buffet that I just have to try or anything that was really spectacular tasting at the restaurant.

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: First Time to Tusker House

We ate at Tusker House last year but it was for the Donald's Safari Breakfast. I've never eaten lunch there but I would highly recommend it. The interior is very rustic looking and there are a lot of neat items hanging on the wall. If I remember correctly one had how to say Hello (or Good Morning, can't remember) in different African languages.

We really enjoyed it for the characters but the food was good, a good selection of food, and the ambiance of the place seemed really authentic.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We ate there for the first time on our last trip and it will be a must do for us from now on. I suggest if you can to make your reservations for Breakfast as close to lunch as you can. When they start putting out lunch you can sample what they have! My wife and two youngest kids are breakfast fans but the oldest girl and I are big time meat eaters so Lunch was our favorite.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

Tabbouleh? Hummus and Baba Ghanoush? Tunisian Couscous salad? Marrakech couscous? Vegetable samaosa? Pearl couscous with sweet basil essence? Hmmmm. I definitely had my doubts......I'm a lifelong carnivore from Texas! LOL

Everything on this buffet was amazing. The carved top and sirloin and pork loin and everything else on this buffet were truly delicious. As a result, Tusker House is always one of our dining choices.
    Let The Memories Begin

Mousemania is offline A-Ticket holder

Tusker house was really good, we ate there for Breakfast at a character dining. SO we had a good time there. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    I just recently made an 11:35 reservation for Tusker House at Animal Kingdom on April 10, in hope's that we'll be there for the Meet of the Month. There is still a possibility that we won't be able to make it and we'll have to cancel our ADR, but I wanted to look forward and ask what everyone thought of Tusker House.

I've heard only good things about it, but I've never eaten there myself, though I've eaten at its close "cousin" Boma. I'm just curious what everyone thought and if there's anything on the buffet that I just have to try or anything that was really spectacular tasting at the restaurant.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We ate there on our last trip. My kids had a blast at the character breakfast. The characters have a small parade with the kids through the place and they keep the kids entertained to no end. I recommend it!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder

We love Tusker House! So many amazing flavors. Just make sure you ride Expedition Everest BEFORE going... heh...

Geez, you know what? That is an insanely good idea... booking lunch around the Meet of the Month. Gotta go make ressies now! Thanks for the idea!!!
    The Red Helicopter
    . . . Always hangin' out around Epcot!

BeachClubDad is offline A-Ticket holder

The Tusker House is AMAZING!! We book it every time we go to WDW. The food is fresh, tasty and the atmosphere is awesome. When you go, make sure to ask for Neil's section. He will give you the time of your life.....tell him Myron sent you, and please say a big "Hi" for me! Super guy - he's been at Disney for 20+ years, will make you feel special, and give you a load of laughs. Have fun!

BeachClubDad is offline A-Ticket holder

Here is a pic of my family, with Neil at Tusker House 3 weeks ago
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

We did Tusker House for the first time on our last trip (Feb 09) and absolutely loved it!!! The theming inside the restaurant was just fantastic. We did Donald's Safari Breakfast, and the food was delicious. And our waiter Billy was the best!!! Needless to say, we have another trip planned later this year, and we were SURE to include Tusker House in the plans!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."