Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss question about quick service plan?! in the Vacation Planning forums; So I'm going to Disney in May, and I got the quick service plan because we won't be having every meal in the park..but I thought I read somewhere before ...
    lindsayp is offline A-Ticket holder

question about quick service plan?!

So I'm going to Disney in May, and I got the quick service plan because we won't be having every meal in the park..but I thought I read somewhere before that you can use 2 quick service credits for 1 table service meal. Does anyone know if this is right, or am I just making this up? Thanks!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: question about quick service plan?!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayp View Post
    So I'm going to Disney in May, and I got the quick service plan because we won't be having every meal in the park..but I thought I read somewhere before that you can use 2 quick service credits for 1 table service meal. Does anyone know if this is right, or am I just making this up? Thanks!

Hmmm I've never heard that. Are you maybe mixing it up with how you can use two table-service credits in the regular dining plan for one signature dining meal?

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't upgrade like that, as Zippity said, sometimes you're allowed to "downgrade" to get CS from TS credits.

That being said, how long will you be there for? I did the QSDP on two trips now. If you want to do a sit down, can I recommend lunch? The prices are less expensive than dinner for practically the same menu (some exceptions, but it's mostly the same!) Plus if you're going for a short trip and don't want to take afternoon breaks, it helps cool you down and refresh yourself in the middle of the day. I really like Chefs de France, 50s Prime Time and the Plaza for lunch!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

kat228 is absolutely right - unfortunately, you can not use 2 counter service meals for 1 table service meal. They will let you use a table service credit for a counter service meal -- but that isn't very cost effective!

I agree -- I would snag a sit down lunch or two, and just pay for them out of pocket. I love going into the dark Sci Fi Dine In on a bright hot day for lunch!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

tinkerbells mom is offline A-Ticket holder

and if you don't use all your snack credits Minnies Cookies pack well in your suitcase for the trip home even on a plane

Yes! Great tip tinkerbells mom! I got some of those and also stopped at Goofy's Candy Company for some treats to take home. Nothing like going through Disney Withdrawal and finding some Disney Snacks in your cupboard!

Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    ~Sam Eagle

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbells mom View Post
    and if you don't use all your snack credits Minnies Cookies pack well in your suitcase for the trip home even on a plane
    Actually if you do use all your snack credits and you have meal credits you can transfer them 1 meal credit for 2 snacks. That's what we did last year. We had some meal credits left over and they let us use them for two snack per meal credit. We left Disney with three bags full of snacks!

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

Also, there are counter service locations outside of the parks at the resorts that you can use the counter credits at.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Quote Originally Posted by tmlinz View Post
    Also, there are counter service locations outside of the parks at the resorts that you can use the counter credits at.
    Any of the counter service locations at the resort take the QSDP. And it doesn't have to be the resort you stayed at. Last October we stayed at Pop with the QSDP but had breakfast at the Mara (AKL) and dinner at Contempo Cafe (Contemporary.)

~Sam Eagle