Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Chef Mickeys or Cape May Cafe in the Vacation Planning forums; We are staying at the Beach Club in October and we want to do one character meal with the main 5. My daughter will be 2 then and currently loves ...
    krash9924 is offline A-Ticket holder

Chef Mickeys or Cape May Cafe

We are staying at the Beach Club in October and we want to do one character meal with the main 5. My daughter will be 2 then and currently loves Micky Mouse Clubhouse.

Should we make the extra trip to Chef Mickeys? or stay close and go to Cape May? Which characters appear?

Thanks for all your help.

ricesk is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Chef Mickeys or Cape May Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by krash9924 View Post
    We are staying at the Beach Club in October and we want to do one character meal with the main 5. My daughter will be 2 then and currently loves Micky Mouse Clubhouse.

Should we make the extra trip to Chef Mickeys? or stay close and go to Cape May? Which characters appear?

Thanks for all your help.
    Hmmm...the character meal at Cape May is only for the breakfast and usually includes Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Chef Mickey's character meal is both breakfast and dinner and usually includes Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald....

I have been to both many times......and really enjoy both the food and the interaction.

There are more characters at Chef Mickeys but it's definitely louder.....sometimes a lot louder. But it can also be more fun (not to take anything away from Cape May).

If your daughter (and her parents) like a lot of music, hand clapping and napkin twirling along with the character interaction and a good meal for breakfast or dinner, go for Chef Mickeys. If you would prefer a more passive/peaceful meal experience with some character interaction, and can only do the breakfast, go for Cape May.

You can't go wrong with either choice.
    Jan 2006 - Caribbean Beach; Jan 2007 - Caribbean Beach; Jan 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge; April 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside; Nov 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside; April 2009 - Beach Club (now I'm spoiled); October 2009 - Beach Club; April 2010 - Polynesian Resort

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I honestly enjoy both!

If character interaction is your thing, you cannot beat Cape May. It's a smaller place and that gives the characters more time at each table. That being said...

Chef Mickey's is hard to beat! The food is really good and the environment can't be beat. I echo the comments above about it being more of a party but who doesn't like a party? :-)

Both really are great options and you won't regret either! Have a blast and let us know how it goes!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Chef Mickey's if your daughter is the outgoing type that joins and partiicpates in games or group activities.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Chef Mickeys is the better choice.