Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Galloping Gourmand Sip and Snack 3: I fake live twitter the eating of a turkey leg. in the Vacation Planning forums; Just got a turkey leg. This is a snack? I feel like I need another person to eat it with! Seriously, I feel like I could club someone with this ...
    mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Galloping Gourmand Sip and Snack 3: I fake live twitter the eating of a turkey leg.

Just got a turkey leg. This is a snack? I feel like I need another person to eat it with!

Seriously, I feel like I could club someone with this 1,000+ calorie monster! No need for dinner.

Still room for desert, though.

Disney serves 1.5 million of these a year. Wonder where the rest of the 40lb turkey goes?

The paper it's wrapped in does nothing! This stuff is all over my hands and I haven't taken a bite.

CHOMP! Tastes a little like liquid smoke to me, but still tasty. I think most of the flavor comes from an injected salt cure.

The skin kind of peels off. It's the best part.

Doing this makes me look like a neanderthal, but going all out. It's fun to just tear into the ****er!

Also make "nom nom nom nom" sounds like Animal from the Muppetts.

It's hard to finish a whole leg on a hot day. Kind of gets stuck in your throat after a while.

Does the bone count as a souvenir? They can make serious $ offering to scrimshaw them outside Pirates.

Down to bone. Might throw it in the air and jump around 2001 style. Can't eat another bite.

Overall good, but hard to finish the whole thing. Salty. Goes good with Coke.

** out of 4

Till Next Time, "Hi Ho Eaters! Away!"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Galloping Gourmand Sip and Snack 3: I fake live twitter the eating of a turkey le

I can see you, Fred Flintstone, Biting and Chomping followed by a big ole slurp.

I actually can't stand these things as they are very hammy and don't taste a bit like turkey to me.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Galloping Gourmand Sip and Snack 3: I fake live twitter the eating of a turkey le

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I can see you, Fred Flintstone, Biting and Chomping followed by a big ole slurp.

I actually can't stand these things as they are very hammy and don't taste a bit like turkey to me.

Ah, and this is why I love them... they DO taste just like ham. Mmmm ham.. on a stick! Some people were eating them in the cue for big thunder mountain last time I was there and I kept overhearing others ask what the delicious bacon smell was!

I don't think I could handle a whole one though- I split it with one or two people (and even then it's a hefty snack)

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I love the turkey legs. Somewhere in my thousands of disney pictures I have one of my brother eating one. It kind of funny.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

It's the salt cure. They inject ham with a similar curing agent that they do won the turkey legs. When you do that everything tastes similar, although not the same. I think they taste a little like turkey bacon myself.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

My DW makes the best roast turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Because hers is so good, I never really cared for the turkey legs at WDW. I agree they are "hammy" and we know about ham in Eastern Carolina.