Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss San Angel Inn in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I was looking for any views on this restaurant. I haven't eaten there since the late 90's and I know they've made some changes. I'm going to the ...
    Pixie985 is offline A-Ticket holder

San Angel Inn

Hi everyone! I was looking for any views on this restaurant. I haven't eaten there since the late 90's and I know they've made some changes. I'm going to the world with my boyfriend for our anniversary this year and we made ADR's here. Was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions! I've read some mixed reviews on allears.net and I'm getting a little nervous and wondering if I should switch it out for Teppan Edo or Rose and Crown or something else in the World Showcase! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: San Angel Inn

I think if you want to try it you should! It gets a lot of mixed reviews, but from what I understand they've made some changes for the good recently. I'm not a fan of Mexican, so I tend to avoid San Angel for that reason alone. My parents are fans of the restaurant though.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

kat228 is right, the changes they've recently made have been for the better. You should keep the reservation, I think you guys will really enjoy it!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have eaten at the San Angel Inn several times and the most recent, about six months ago. I think it is an AWESOME restaurant. The food is authentic Mexican food, a far cry from Taco Bell or a Cozymel's ( mexican chain). You can get any type of entree, from spicy to mild, from beef to chicken to fish to vegetarian. The one thing, in my opinion, you cannot beat is how romantic it is. All small cozy tables, flickering candle light, a smouldering volcano off in the distance, and seats on the water ( by the start of the Gran Fiesta Tour attraction). If you are lucky, you may have the Mariachi band play as well. I love this restaurant and it's a great place for a couple to dine.

FritzTiki is offline A-Ticket holder

I ate there in January 09 and had a very good meal. I can't remember exactly what we had. I believe one of us tried the chicken mole and it was very good and our other entree was a shrimp dish which was also good. The bread pudding was excellent as well. Bigthundermickey is correct about the ambience inside, such a unique experience to know you are eating inside but FEEL like you are eating in a courtyard outside. I hope you like it!

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

This is very good, but not great, mexican. Do not expect Tex-mex or much at all from the area around the boarder. The food is spicy but not hot.

I strongly suggest the tortilla soup. Although I admit I was slightly disappointed with the slightly bland flavor it has a great presentation and is fun to eat.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

We've gone a few times and have always enjoyed the restaurant. I'd keep the reservation.

Pixie985 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you for all of your help! We're going to keep it. Your posts made me feel much better about it!

neumanzoo is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm a vegetarian (along with DS 7 & DD 2) and we don't like spicy food. Are we going to be able to find something to eat here?

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by neumanzoo View Post
    I'm a vegetarian (along with DS 7 & DD 2) and we don't like spicy food. Are we going to be able to find something to eat here?
    The food isn't "hot" but it is spicy "flavorful." I'd say proceed with caution. I'm not a "hot" food fan (other than wings) and it was about as hot as I can handle while still calling it good.

As far as the vegetarian options, I think you can do better elsewhere. I don't recall any vegetarian options on the Main Course menu, and only one salad appetizer with "spicy pumpkin seeds." If you are debating, check out the menus at allears.net. Look! A handy link! San Angel Inn Dinner Menu - Mexico - World Showcase - Epcot
    AKA "the Galloping Gourmand"

neumanzoo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks - I like flavorful but not spicy as in hot. Thanks for the link - I love that website & look forward to my newsletter each week. I appreciate all your help
    Next trip to the World
    May 13-20, 2010!

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Its ok i ate there about a year ago and was not overly impressed. If you are going to swithch your ADR you should change it to the Bier Garden in Germany.

suznels is offline B-Ticket Holder

San Angel Inn was my favorite restaurant on my last trip!! Everything was fantastic - the food and the ambiance! It's definitely going to be on my list for my next trip!
    Suzie

jillecakes is offline A-Ticket holder

We love it for the atmosphere and felt the food was really good!! I had a enchiladas, and an awesome white chocolate bread pudding for dessert

San Angel Inn gets a bad rap, but we will certainly go back!

Dixie Landings~CSR~WL (Disneymoon)~POFQ(Boy's first trip)~POP~CBR~POR so far. We want to try them all!