Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Free Dining this fall in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone heard if Disney was going to offer the free fall dining plan again this September? If so, when do they normally start the promotion?...
    Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

Free Dining this fall

Has anyone heard if Disney was going to offer the free fall dining plan again this September? If so, when do they normally start the promotion?

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

Re: Free Dining this fall

I got it last december, what an amazing promotion
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

We were able to enjoy the free dining the first week of September 2008. We had made reservations on May 28th, 2008. As I recall, booking had to be completed by June 30th.

So, with the above dates, I am fairly confident the offer went public somewhere between the end of April and the middle of May…….as I didn’t see the offer until booking had already begun.

I hope this helps as I too am anticipating the free dining offer.
    Let The Memories Begin

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It is probably getting close to decision time on free dining for the fall because we are almost 6 months out from resort reservations for that period.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

We're closer than 6 months, I'm going the first week in October and just finished all my ADRs.

There's a good chance it will be announced any day now. BUT there's a decent chance they might not do Free Dining this year, it might be a different promo. We'll just have to wait and see!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

If I booked a vacation now and the dining propotion is announce later, will I be able to take advantage of it or am I "stuck"?

Brent: you can always go back and adjust your reservation. Just be sure to do it as soon as it's announced because they only have a limited amount of rooms that they'll sell with the promo at each resort.

Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    ~Sam Eagle

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

From MousePlanet today

Free dining coming?

We are hearing rumors of a new discount offer that may appear this Thursday, of a free dining offer valid from August 15 through October 2. This offer is apparently being offered on Thursday, April 29 only to Disney Rewards Visa cardholders, after which it becomes available to the general public on Sunday, May 2. There are many conflicting stories of what the dining offer may be, ranging from Quick Service dining for all resorts to the same as last year, which was Quick Service dining for stays at value resorts and standard Dining Plan for all other resorts. Our money is on Quick Service for value and moderate resorts (same as a PIN code postcard offer this spring) and the standard Dining Plan for deluxe and deluxe villa resorts. Of course, those getting the Quick Service plan would have the option to purchase the standard plan for the cost of the difference between the regular cost of the plans. In any case, if you're planning to travel to Walt Disney World late summer or early fall, keep your eyes open later this week to be able to jump on this offer when it's announced, as popular dates may disappear quickly.

Walt Disney World Resort Update (Walt Disney World Resort Update) by Mark Goldhaber

Here's the info released today:
    FREE Dining Package
    You can get FREE dining when you book a full price Walt Disney World vacation package for check-ins most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10. To qualify, you must purchase a vacation package that includes at least 3 consecutive hotel nights at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least a 2-day theme park ticket.

With this offer:

Stay in a Disney Value Resort and and get the Magic Your Way Plus Quick Service Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $83.96 per day -- the cost of adding the Quick Service Dining Plan to a basic vacation package.

Stay in a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort and get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $107.96 per day -- the cost of adding the regular Dining Plan to a basic vacation package.

If you are staying in a Value Resort, you can upgrade to the regular Dining Plan for just $10 per adult per night and $2 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the Quick Service Dining Plan and the regular Dining Plan.) Or you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for $40 per adult per night and $12 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the Quick Service Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.)

If you are staying in a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort, you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for $30 per adult per night and $10 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the regular Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.)

Some important advice if you book a "FREE Dining" package:

Be sure to set up Advance Dining Reservations as soon as possible. In past years all of the table service restaurants have been completely full during the "FREE Dining" promotion period. It was almost impossible to get a table for a full-service meal on a walk-up basis. To ensure that you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of the Dining Plan, you really need to pre-reserve every single table service meal during your stay.

Consider buying trip insurance, because you will be traveling during peak hurricane season. Hurricanes don't often pass through Orlando, which is far inland, but it does happen: Orlando was hit in 2004 and 2005. Also, hurricanes can seriously impact air travel plans.

You must book this offer by 8/14/10. The number of packages available is limited. Suites are excluded from this offer. No group rates or other discounts apply. With the Disney Dining Plan, children ages 3-9 must choose from children's menu if available. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Some table service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

MouseSavers.com - Disney World Vacation Package Discount - DisneyWorld Packages

~Sam Eagle

great news!

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Free Dining this fall

Does the Free Dining offer apply to DVC stays?

Details?
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    Does the Free Dining offer apply to DVC stays?

Details?
    If you're using points, I don't believe so. If you're an AP holder it doesn't, so I'd be surprised if using points it was available.

~Sam Eagle