Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Lunch with an Imagineer in the Vacation Planning forums; This year, we were able to book the Lunch with an Imagineer for our April trip to WDW. My sister, 15 year old son & I had a fabulous time ...
    Mickey Fan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Lunch with an Imagineer

This year, we were able to book the Lunch with an Imagineer for our April trip to WDW. My sister, 15 year old son & I had a fabulous time & can't wait to do it again. It's at the Brown Derby in DHS with one of twenty Imagineers. The lunch starts with a brief tour of the restaurant which includes info about the original Brown Derby restaurants. Kevin, our Imagineer, is in graphic arts & was terrific! He gave us some info about himself & how he came to work at WDW. After the intros, we were able to ask questions & join in the discussion over lunch. "Lunch" was 4 courses - one of our best meals ever. Soup, Cobb salad, entree & dessert. For the entree you could choose from meat, chicken or fish. Choice for dessert was grapefruit cake or creme brulee. The presentation of the meal was great & service was outstanding. Disney suggests this would be appropriate for teens and adults and they were correct. A family of four were in attendance - two grandparents & two of their grandchildren. The two grandchildren were definitely out of place & it made it difficult for Kevin to speak on some topics.
    We had a great time & would highly recommend this dining experience. It's definitely worth the money.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Lunch with an Imagineer

Thanks for sharing the review

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

ME-MM1928 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Lunch with an Imagineer

I had lunch with an imagineer back in 10/2008 with Alex Wright. It was amazing. Would also do it again!!
    [link=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][img noborder]http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/o49xarwvrilc9y0b.png[/img][/link]