Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Allergies in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife has a number of food allergies and I was curious to see if anyone has had good experiences dining at WDW around those allergies. I am not sure ...
    Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Allergies

My wife has a number of food allergies and I was curious to see if anyone has had good experiences dining at WDW around those allergies. I am not sure if its something we necessarily need to prepare in advance for...it may just be having to order around those things on the menu. She has a wheat allergy, but is okay with gluten. This can sometimes be a problem as somethings are cooked in flour that are not always obviously so. She has also has a corn allergy which is easier to work around. And dairy, though she can typically tolerate certain cheeses.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Allergies

Disney is probably the best at dealing with food allergies than any other destination vacation spot. This is on All Ears' site:
    THE WORD FROM DISNEY: If you or someone in your party has special dietary needs, Disney recommends the following:

All WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort table service restaurants which accept Priority Seating can accommodate special dietary needs (such as allergies to gluten or wheat, shellfish, soy, lactose or milk, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, or eggs).

1. When making an Advance Reservation (1-407-WDW-DINE), alert the Cast Member to your special needs, and they will make a note on the file.

2. Special dietary needs can be accommodated if requested at least 72 hours in advance at 407-WDW-DINE (no longer 24 hours). The more specific and individual your needs are, the more lead time the restaurant will require! This new time frame began in February 2005.

Special Dietary Needs While Vacationing at Walt Disney World

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle