Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Sharing on Disney Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; Is sharing food with a non-disney diner (at same table) allowed? Does that include Table Services? How about CRT? Thanks....
    VivaWDW.com is offline B-Ticket Holder

Sharing on Disney Dining

Is sharing food with a non-disney diner (at same table) allowed? Does that include Table Services? How about CRT?

Thanks.
    Mario P.
    o VivaWDW.com : My Personal/Random WDW Musings o

5/'11 :9 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    6/'10 :8 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    8/'09 :7 Days @ All Star Movies - Toy Story
    10/'07 :6 Days @ All Star Movies - Fantasia | MNSSHP
    10/'06 :5 Days @ All Star Movies - Dalmations | MNSSHP

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Sharing on Disney Dining

They're not going to know they're not on the DDP if you don't tell them. If you're talking about someone who is under 3, things are different, but I'll assume you're talking about another adult. At CRT and any buffet meal, they'll be charged too. If you're at say, Kona for breakfast and 2 people split the Tonga Toast? That's 1 meal.

Oh, and at Quick Service Locations, don't worry about it at all. I've ordered kid's meals, it's not like they're going to ask to see the kid.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

My Mom and I have frequently shared meals while over at Disney. Its never been a problem for us, even using TIB. They're very nice about it, and have often split the meal in half before delivering it to us, or bringing us an extra plate so we both don't have to eat off the same plate. We've done this at both counter services and table service locations, including Yachtsman Steakhouse; so even the signature restaurants don't seem too picky about it.

The only time I could imagine sharing a meal being a problem if at buffets (which I'm almost certain would not be allowed) and maybe if you're using the DDP, but I don't know for sure because we've never used that. If you're talking about sharing with using DDP, you may want to call over to WDW and make sure.

Thank you for the replies.. Yes, to clarify the booked package is for the Dinsey Dining Plan and the additional person joining the trip halfway through and won't be on teh plan is an adult.
    Mario P.

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

You can get away with sharing at quick-service restaurants, but at table-service restaurants, the first thing the server will ask is if you are using the DDP and they will ask to see your card which will show on the face of it how many adults and how many children are on the plan. So, don't go with the idea that there is a don't ask, don't tell policy - you WILL be asked! And, I believe that at buffet style restaurants, there is some minimal charge for "non-diners" in order to keep people from only paying for one person but feeding more than one.
    Last edited by Practical Mom; 05-03-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: misspelling

Just got back , and here is what I experienced: Splitting meals was no problem at all where we did it (exceptions: Chef Mickeys, CRT, Tusker House, etc, buffets). At Ray's Starlite Cafe, we were even given an extra bun to split the double cheeseburger at no cost.
    More importantly, we were able to use the dining credits on our additional guest who was not on the plan... everywhere, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Chef Mickey's, CRT, and of course all the quick/counter service locations... It was great, we even had a couple of left over dining credits which we exchanged for take home snacks (which isn't the best conversion but it was something). Just a great experience altogether.
    Mario P.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Just returned from WDW and have some quick thoughts or reviews on the limited dining we did while at WDW. The double cheesburgers and fries, and the pulled pork bbq sandwich at the American pavillion in Epcot were prepared quickly, good portion size, and very tasty. Worth the money. All of the snacks at the stands were all good, just had to eat the frozen treats very quickly or they melted. Alot of cute kids with ice cream faces. While at the Magic Kingdom our main meal was at Pinochio's Hause. We had the meatball sandwich and the chicken nuggets. Meatball sandwich was way over toasted and the nuggets were small, and I thought pretty pricey for what we recieved. I loved the atmosphere. We also had dinner at the House of Blues in downtown disney. Way way overpriced, I had the ribs that were burnt and only had alittle meat, and burnt corn on the cob. The baked beans were good, but the portion was very small. My kids had the $12.00 hamburgers, and they looked pretty good. Service was great as well as the atmosphere. I would happily eat again at the American pavillion, as well as the many snacks offered around the properties. The other places will just go on my one and done list.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We were able to share with our 3 year old son with no questions asked by staff. My wife even went so far as to ask for an additional plate for him at table service meals.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I think I misunderstood the sharing part.