Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss MAGIC YOUR WAY Package Plus Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; We just booked our trip for December and I got the dining package - has anyone tried it yet? How was it? We loved the Silver package last year - ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

MAGIC YOUR WAY Package Plus Dining

We just booked our trip for December and I got the dining package - has anyone tried it yet? How was it?
    We loved the Silver package last year - is this one any good? Will it keep a very hungry 20 year old happy???

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I opted not to get a meal pkg...they are a bit confusing to understand and to us personally do not seem worth it....if you do your homework you can have better choices for a lot less and judging by what ppl say about the generous portions Disney gives I don't think I could eat $35 worth of food a day---and believe me--THIS GIRL CAN EAT...LOL
    Plus we would be paying more for meals per day then what we are paying for an onsite hotel for 2 ppl, so in that aspect it will not be worth it for us
    Maybe one of you more experienced folks could give more info and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there only certain restaurants you can eat at??? -not sure on this tho
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I really liked the older plans that were offered. We we go in Sept, we are doing the dining plan too, but it's kinda annoying that you are limitted to just one table-service meal for each day you stay there. I never went to many of the counter service ones and now I have to. Besides that, they took out a lot of the really great restaurants that used to be covered. Most of the great places in World Showcase aren't included. Don't get me wrong, we will make great use of 'Ohana and places liek that, but I miss Alfredo's. We are using two of our table service meals to go to the Hoop-de-Doo. I plan to eat at both Alfredo's and the Rainforest Cafe...I'll just pay for those out of pocket.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

I have sen several lists - theres one here http://allearsnet.com/pl/packages05a.htm

and then theres one on the AAA website and then the Disney site

They all are a little different - It looks like there are more at the world showcase than were originally offered

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder
    at the risk of sounding really dumb, can someone tell me what this meal package means?
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

sure no problem- its a really cool plan - we actually made out last year when we used it - we split meals and got to go to some really nice places we otherwise wouldnt have went to (we ate lots of steak )

This is from the website:

The Disney Dining Plan Will Fill Your Vacation with Delectable Delights

Theme Park Thrills can make a family hungry! Fill up on our new Disney Dining Plan that's a part of the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining. It's an easy and affordable way to choose meals for your family at over 100 selected restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort, including Disney Character Dining. Best of all, you can relax knowing many of your meals are paid for in advance, including gratuities where applicable.

With the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining, you'll enjoy:

* Accommodations at a Disney Resort. Select from:
    o Disney Value Resorts - Enjoy colorful, whimsical places that are big on fun but small on cost.
    o Disney Moderate Resorts - Escape to enchanting, wonderfully affordable locales.
    o Disney Deluxe Resorts - Experience the ultimate in Disney luxury, style and service.
    o Disney Vacation Club Resorts - Relax in comfortable accommodations with all the conveniences of home.
    o Cabins and Campground - Enjoy nature and the great outdoors at these charmingly well-appointed cabins and scenic campsites.

* Disney Dining Plan
    Experience over 100 selected Walt Disney World® restaurants including our legendary Disney Character Dining. For each night on your package, you enjoy:
    o 1 table-service meal including appetizer, entree, dessert, and nonalcoholic beverage and gratuity charge
    o 1 counter-service meal including entree, dessert and nonalcoholic beverage at select counter-service locations
    o 1 snack, such as a frozen ice cream bar, box of popcorn, 20 oz bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dasani water or a medium fountain soft drink at select snack cart locations
    o As an added benefit, you may exchange 2 table-service meals for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of our finest restaurants, such as the acclaimed California Grill or for 1 Disney Dinner Show, such as Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
    o Children age 3-9 must order from the Children's Menu if available.

View and print a brochure for complete details including a list of the restaurants included in the Disney Dining Plan.

* Magic Your Way Base Ticket‡
    Enjoy admission to one of the four Theme Parks for each day of your ticket. The choice is yours to mix it up any way you like. Remember, the more days you add to the ticket, the less you pay per day. For the ultimate in flexibility, select these options for your Magic Your Way Base Ticket:
    o Add the Park Hopper® option, the Magic Plus Pack♦ option, or the No Expiration option. Learn More

* Special Benefits for Disney Resort Guests
    Extra Magic Hours Benefit*, Disney's Magical Express Service** and complimentary Disney transportation*. Learn more.

Everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options. All tickets must be used within 14 days of first use, unless the No Expiration Option is purchased.

Ok...I really like AllEarsNet.com...is that list for real? I would be so happy if all of those restaurants were included, but the Disney website doesn't say they are included. How can we find out?
    -Kevin

I'll call and check when I make my reservation for HDDR

Ok I just checked the official Disney site and those restaurants are there. I'm so excited.
    -Kevin

me too - I think it will be fun!! and we're trying restaurants that we havent been to before!!
    We always plan the day around where we are going to eat

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I am looking forward to using my dining plan in October. I told my brother that my plans were to eat myself silly on this trip and this was a great way for me to try.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    Ok I just checked the official Disney site and those restaurants are there. I'm so excited.
    Hey Kevin when I called down for over reservation for this october CM told me that they would be adding on more. So far every place we like they have on the list I'm so siked.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Did they give you any clue as to which ones they're adding? Or how many more?

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Did they give you any clue as to which ones they're adding? Or how many more?
    No not really she just said that they had a few more MK resturants and they are looking to add additional character meals. If you check the Offical Disney website it gives you a list. So far I haven't seen and additions since I spoke to them and that was last month. So I will keep in eye out.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

I'm just so thrilled that they added Alfredo's.
    -Kevin