Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Would you... in the Vacation Planning forums; If you were going on the deluxe dining plan with your spouse and a toddler (20 months), would you eat 3 meals a day or would you eat 2 meals ...
    Kaleigh is offline A-Ticket holder

Would you...

If you were going on the deluxe dining plan with your spouse and a toddler (20 months), would you eat 3 meals a day or would you eat 2 meals and make one of them a signature restaurant? I already have my ADRs assuming the latter except for 1 night at Yachtsman with a few character breakfasts included. Other info- she is usually excellent in restaurants and we have never eaten at a signature restaurant before. We each get 2 snacks a day as well which could work for breakfast, but I can't decide if I should add a few more signature ressies in there in case it just gets to be too much food. Considering Citricos, Flying Fish and Narcoosees. Staying at Poly, then Beach Club. Okay, discuss!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Would you...

When are you going? Most of the time it's pretty easy to get an ADR for a signature (that's not Cindy's or Cali Grill.) I'd say the only exception to that rule is during Free Dining.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Mid Sept, so yes we will be there during free dining, but since we already have ADRs, my heart won't be broken if I absolutely can't get something.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Personally I wouldn't go on the deluxe dining plan, it would not be a good value for our family at $72.00 per day per person. But I know that wasn't the question, lol, so I'm sure this is working for your family. I think I would go for a signature restaurant, but maybe not something to stuffy. I think you and your toddler would enjoy the Cali Grill becuse of the views and it tends to be a little more lively in there. Citrico's and Narcoosees can be very quiet at times and just from my own experience with my kids, that is when they decided to make sure eveyone was awake in the restaurant . Just remember if you don't use all your snack credits you can get stuff at the end to bring home....Mickey rice krispie treats ect. Have a wonderful time
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Personally I wouldn't go on the deluxe dining plan, it would not be a good value for our family at $72.00 per day per person. But I know that wasn't the question, lol, so I'm sure this is working for your family. I think I would go for a signature restaurant, but maybe not something to stuffy. I think you and your toddler would enjoy the Cali Grill becuse of the views and it tends to be a little more lively in there. Citrico's and Narcoosees can be very quiet at times and just from my own experience with my kids, that is when they decided to make sure eveyone was awake in the restaurant . Just remember if you don't use all your snack credits you can get stuff at the end to bring home....Mickey rice krispie treats ect. Have a wonderful time
    Yeah, we kinda decided that we would make this trip about dining since we were bringing her along and she eats in restaurants well. (Plus we enjoy dining as well.)
    About the Cali Grill, we aren't into sushi at all. Will we still like this place?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sushi is only a small part of the menu but it's hard to say if you would enjoy the restaurants offerings past that. Check out the menus on allears.net and see if anything appeals to you, although I know most of the signature restaurats have seasonal offerings so what you see now on the menu may not be there when you get there.
    You know your child better then anyone and if you feel comfortable going to Citrico's or Narcoosees then you should go for it. Sounds like a fabulous trip, I love the idea of making the trip about dining, hmmmm food for thought
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Just bumping to see if anyone else has any ideas how to best "do" the deluxe dining plan.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

We're going on the deluxe plan this year. On the day we arrive we're doing downtown disney so we're going to "steal" two of our credits from later in the trip to eat at the Grand Floridian. We'll be in the parks for four days, two of which will include a 2-credit meal and a 1-credit meal. The other two days each have two 1-credit meals. We're both really passionate foodies, so this is the best dining plan for us and, based on experience with the regular dining plan, we'll save a lot of money too!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

llawrence1970 is offline A-Ticket holder

Since my family likes to eat at the fancier restaurants, we use the deluxe plan quite frequently. And yes we use one table credit for an early lunch, then 2 credits for a later signature dinner. Our favorite signatures are Citricos, Flying Fish (never miss this one), California Grill, and Jiko's. Kids are always at these restaurants and usually well behaved, esp. the babies.

Only time we don't use deluxe DP, is if we're eating at several restaurants that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (Shula's, Bistro, Victoria & Alberts), then we get the regular DP and use those for the signatures, and pay out of pocket for the non-DP restaurants.

Enjoy!