Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss 1900 Park Fare in the Vacation Planning forums; Just tell me if you like it or hate it! What was your experience like???...
    Neeka7701 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question 1900 Park Fare

Just tell me if you like it or hate it! What was your experience like???
    My Walt Disney World Vacations
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club and Beach Club at Christmas
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside
    2010-Port Orleans Riverside

I Love that little Duck!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: 1900 Park Fare

My best friend was down and had a horrific experience. She didn't know it at the time, but her boyfriend was planning on proposing that evening and he was really upset by their experience. (They're both former CMs for what it's worth.) They weren't crazy about the food, they were put at a back table tucked in the corner, and were snubbed by all but one of the characters. They wound up writing a letter to the manager and got a free dinner at Citricos, so the situation was rectified, but there's no way I would recommend it to anyone.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

goofyplus4 is offline A-Ticket holder

We like it and have returned a couple times. It can be noisy depending on where you sit, but we never had any issues with the characters. The step sisters and the step mother were very entertaining. The food is buffet style and is quite good. If you like the buffet at the Crystal Palace, you'll like this one.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Went once, seemed overpriced, food wasn't too terrific, won't go back.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

Hate it........They could give the food away for free and I would not eat there!

We ate there about a month ago. In fairness, they are doing a re-fit on Main Street USA and all the windows were covered. So, it was dark. The restaurant was loud. The menu was just a fast food type menu. Hamburgers, chicken sandwich, cheesesteak. There were some salad choices. I had a Reuben sandwich and it was the plainest Reuben I have ever had. We spent $ 55 on 3 adults and there just was no value.

I believe this is a manifestation of the stay at Disney and get the dining plan free. The dining plan is just cheap processed food. A similar bad experience was had over at Rose and Crown. We will not be returning to either place. We did have a good experience at Nine Dragons in Epcot.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by pburchins View Post
    Hate it........They could give the food away for free and I would not eat there!

We ate there about a month ago. In fairness, they are doing a re-fit on Main Street USA and all the windows were covered. So, it was dark. The restaurant was loud. The menu was just a fast food type menu. Hamburgers, chicken sandwich, cheesesteak. There were some salad choices. I had a Reuben sandwich and it was the plainest Reuben I have ever had. We spent $ 55 on 3 adults and there just was no value.

I believe this is a manifestation of the stay at Disney and get the dining plan free. The dining plan is just cheap processed food. A similar bad experience was had over at Rose and Crown. We will not be returning to either place. We did have a good experience at Nine Dragons in Epcot.
    perhaps you are confusing the plaza restaurant in the magic kingdom with 1900 park fare at the Grand Floridian.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We have gone to this character buffet several times over the years and it has definitely changed over the years. Loud and very crowded but the food has always been very good. Much better than chef mickeys and not quite that loud. Prime Rib.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    perhaps you are confusing the plaza restaurant in the magic kingdom with 1900 park fare at the Grand Floridian.
    See how bad the food was at The Plaza!! It made me confuse it with probably a fine establishment at the Grand Floridian. As Homer would say......DOH! Sorry for the confusion, these back pain meds t ake a toll on the brain some times.......

Just to be fare, I guess I will have to try 1900 Park Fare on our 25th Wedding Anniversary in November. sorry.....puns intended.......

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Of all the meals I've had at Disney it was my least favourite. I went for the breakfast and the food was nothing special (and the other character breakfasts that I went to were much better). It was also loud and it might have just been the people playing the characters the day I was there, but they CREEPED me out. Maybe it would be better for dinner though?

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

If you are just adults I would not recommend going.
    If you have girls that want to dress up like princesses and do not want to spend the extra money at the castle definitely go. We bought the dresses for about $18 before the trip. They got their hair done at the Boutique in Downtown Disney. Which is a big treat since I cut their hair! The food was adequate but we were there for the experience. We requested the main dining area which was worth the wait. I don't know if my son had a great time but we got a great video of his experience. We laugh each time we watch it and so does he!

Go to YouTube and do a search for Grumpy Prince Levi.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I liked it for breakfast and dinner. My mother and sister liked it for breakfast, but didn't care for it for dinner.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    Sounds that way.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.