Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss ABC Commissary in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by iheartdisney01 A great dinner place is Mama Melrose. It's FABULOUS! Make reservations for there its' very yummy. :P Oh, if I could afford to eat dinner at ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: ABC Commissary

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney01 View Post
    A great dinner place is Mama Melrose. It's FABULOUS! Make reservations for there its' very yummy. :P
    Oh, if I could afford to eat dinner at a table service I would for sure, but I meant quick service (we already have a table service reservation for lunch and we can't afford to do both!).

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Oh, if I could afford to eat dinner at a table service I would for sure, but I meant quick service (we already have a table service reservation for lunch and we can't afford to do both!).

Well, there aern't many great fast food places at MGM. The only Ok one is Pizza Planet. They have yet to WOW me with their amazing pizza, but after you eat you can always end the day with some fun arcade games. =]. Plus, the pizza isn't terrible, it's just loaded with sauce. If you like that then go for it. That's all I can think of. Any ideas anyone?
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney01 View Post
    Thank you for agreeing with me. It feels nice to have someone understand how horrid my experience was.
    Jeez, I'm sorry for your bad experience but doesn't mean everyone us going to agree with you. There's a lot more places for you to try, and just because you had one bad experience doesn't mean it should be shut down for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    As earlier posted try the backlot express or this 'starring rolls' sounds gd. But yeah the quick service places in DHS are quite average

Dr. Teeth is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    NC_WDW_Daddy where's Starring Rolls in the park? Always fancy a sandwich rather than a burger or chicken at lunch time
    Check on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset, it's down in a hole next to the Brown Derby
    Golden Teeth and Golden Tones, welcome to my presence

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

We've eaten there at least a coupla' times over the years, and we don't remember it bein' too terrible. But, then again, we probably dashed in to get a quick refueling and it wouldn't a mattered if we had slugs on bark strips with algaennaise sauce...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    We've eaten there at least a coupla' times over the years, and we don't remember it bein' too terrible. But, then again, we probably dashed in to get a quick refueling and it wouldn't a mattered if we had slugs on bark strips with algaennaise sauce...!
    hear hear!!!! i feel ya on that one
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

We have only actually had breakfast there before (I dont believe they do breakfast any more) and it was actually quite good and we remarked that we would probably do the quick breakfast there again.... I honestly believe that when it comes to quick service meals its just like any fast food restaurant....it's going to be a little processed and it has the chance to be hit and miss.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

I like the Cuban sandwich and the "ABC" atmosphere is nice. The dining area is spacious enough to allow a family to tuck away in a corner and get away from the crowd most times. As quick service goes, I've always thought it's done well enough.

Now for a really crummy meal, let's head over to one of the food courts at MCO Airport!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12