Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Food and Wine Help Needed in the Vacation Planning forums; I plan on taking my parents down to Food and Wine in 2011. They have never been down to Walt Disney World (they think Mickey Mouse and forced consumerism will ...
    laurenjdaisy is offline A-Ticket holder

Food and Wine Help Needed

I plan on taking my parents down to Food and Wine in 2011. They have never been down to Walt Disney World (they think Mickey Mouse and forced consumerism will be shoved in their face the entire time), but they like trying different foods and drinks. My son will be four and we are new DVC members, so I thought it would be great to get to take them down so they can spend time with us. Do you think Food and Wine would be a good time to take them (vs September because of the lower crowd levels)? Any tips, tricks, or personal insigt into Food and Wine would be great as well! Thanks for your help!

Lauren

EllenKH is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Food and Wine Help Needed

Absolutely, Lauren! Do it! Try to avoid the Columbus Day weekend, as it's a bit more crowded - in fact, avoid weekends if you can.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's a great time to take them and I ditto what Ellen says about Columbus Day Weekend. Just gear them up for all the walking and pace yourselves with the eating. It doesn't look like much (the portion sizes) but believe me it really adds up. We never make resssies for a sit down meal on the day we go to F&W. The only tip I can think of it to purchase the prepaid card (it's like a debit card) that is available at the F&W, it makes it much easier then taking out your wallet constantly. Have fun
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think for people who don't "get it," Food & Wine is an excellent introduction. Weekends are usually very busy at Epcot, especially Columbus Day Weekend. If you can do Epcot during the week, it'll make a big difference. I posted some Food & Wine info on another thread (should be at the top of the page still!) so I'd peruse the website. Also check out the disney food blog and take a look at their F&W page. She's posted a lot of photos from last year's festival that your parents can take a look at!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

EllenKH is offline A-Ticket holder

And be sure to check out allears.net! They have the lowdown on special events during food and wine as well as lists of the foods and beverages available! It really is a great way to introduce your parents to WDW; it's really a rather sophisticated and adult time at Epcot; the crowd reflects that, I think. I go to WDW as often as I can, but food and wine is really something unique and special.

laurenjdaisy is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for all the info! I know my parents won't love Disney anywhere near as much as my family does, but I want them to get to have a good time :-)