Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Best Burger at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; I’m not talking about the generic “Disney Burger” although I too am a fan of Pecos Bills. I mean a good, 1/3 to ½ lb medium rare cylinder of heaven ...
    Rick Blaine is offline B-Ticket Holder

Best Burger at WDW

I’m not talking about the generic “Disney Burger” although I too am a fan of Pecos Bills. I mean a good, 1/3 to ½ lb medium rare cylinder of heaven between two buns. By buns I don’t mean wimpy little pieces of bread, but crusty rolls that can stand up to a real burger. Where are these to be found at WDW? I imagine there are many places, but I’ll mention two. One is the Rain Forest Café in Animal Kingdom, their burger is mighty tasty. Another is Chefs De France. Although not a standard burger, it was very good. I’m not sure if they offer this anymore, but I’m sure I had a burger there in the past. So, any more suggestions for the best burger on property?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Re: Best Burger at WDW

Beaches and Cream
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Sadly I have not found a quality one as good as the one at
    Concourse Steakhouse.

If you want a great Giggle there was an episode a while back on
    WDWToday.com podcast #218 Funny stuff.

For mediocre quality Beaches and Cream and I love Pecos. Just Apples and Oranges

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great burgers at the Plaza.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I haven't had one there, but I'm guessing that the ESPN Zone might do a pretty decent burger.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I would imagine that all restaurants operated by Disney would probably be receiving the same meat from their suppliers. I doubt one hotel gets their beef through one distributor and a second hotel from another.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I would imagine that all restaurants operated by Disney would probably be receiving the same meat from their suppliers. I doubt one hotel gets their beef through one distributor and a second hotel from another.
    I think you are right Super. There is such a thing as a Generic Disney Burger (GDB). I’m not talking about those. In addition to the GDB that you can get anywhere from American Adventure in Epcot, To Pecos Bill’s in MK to Animal Kingdom etc. there are good tasty large burgers on a substantial bun that you can get at some of the better restaurants. I’m pretty sure the burger you get at Le Cellier is not the same one you get at Pecos Bills.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    I think you are right Super. There is such a thing as a Generic Disney Burger (GDB). I’m not talking about those. In addition to the GDB that you can get anywhere from American Adventure in Epcot, To Pecos Bill’s in MK to Animal Kingdom etc. there are good tasty large burgers on a substantial bun that you can get at some of the better restaurants. I’m pretty sure the burger you get at Le Cellier is not the same one you get at Pecos Bills.
    Yes, well whatever you do, stay away from that Big River Grille or whatever the heck that brewery on the Boardwalk is called. Horrible burger and the place stunk the night we ate there. The tables were not bussed and filthy. My burger wasn't just pink, but red inside, and I asked for it to be medium. Never ever again.

But to your original point, no, Le Cellier is not the burger from Pecos Bills. But it IS probably the same as the one you'd get at, say, the Wave in the Contemporary or any other non-fast food dining options.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd say there are several different grades of meat ordered by Disney.

There is no way you can compare some of the fast food burgers to the burgers served at the higher end restaurants.

Disney even has different coffee suppliers. NesCafe doesn't compare to the Coffee at Kona and other higher end kiosks.

diablopup is offline A-Ticket holder

I had one of the best burgers I've had anywhere at the Sci-Fi Theater in Hollywood Studios. There was a big difference between it and a Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's burger.

Of course it is not just the meat; it is what you do with it. If you take a small (maybe ¼ lb patty), fry it until it is almost black, and put it on two tiny pieces of bread, you will get the GDB. If you take the exact same meat, form it into a ½ lb, grill it to the customer’s specification (I like mine medium rare) and place it onto a large crusty roll, you will have what I am talking about.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'll second the vote for Beaches and Cream. The last time I got a burger from there it was really, really good.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think Beaches and Cream has the best burgers. I disagree with the comment that they are just mediocre. Right by by house is a bar that the Food Network considered to have the 8th best burger in America and I think Beaches and Cream's burger is actually better. It is not just the generic burger you get at the parks.

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

beaches and cream enough said
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think the only way to truly know who has the Best Burger at WDW is to go and try them all Yes, it's a plan

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast